Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Selkirk looks like a shite Mecca

Rather than a black meteor, the fuckers are tuned to the moon.

23 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

5 monkeys were placed in a cage as part of an experiment. In the middle of the cage was a ladder with bananas on the top rung. Every time a monkey tried to climb the ladder, the experimenter sprayed all of the monkeys with icy water. Eventually, each time a monkey started to climb the ladder, the other ones pulled him off and beat him up so they could avoid the icy spray. Soon, no monkey dared go up the ladder.

The experimenter then substituted one of the monkeys in the cage with a new monkey. The first thing the new monkey did was try to climb the ladder to reach the bananas. After several beatings, the new monkey learned the social norm. He never knew “why” the other monkeys wouldn’t let him go for the bananas because he had never been sprayed with ice water, but he quickly learned that this behaviour would not be tolerated by the other monkeys.

One by one, each of the monkeys in the cage was substituted for a new monkey until none of the original group remained. Every time a new monkey went up the ladder, the rest of the group pulled him off, even those who had never been sprayed with the icy water.

By the end of the experiment, the 5 monkeys in the cage had learned to follow the rule (don’t go for the bananas), without any of them knowing the reason why (we’ll all get sprayed by icy water). If we could have asked the monkeys for their rationale behind not letting their cage mates climb the ladder, their answer would probably be: “It's our tradition”

Think you need a wee lie down pal 😁

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm surprised that there isn't a worldwide pallet shortage. 

Leaving out who and why they've built it, I actually think it's quite cool in a 'guys being dudes just building shit' kind of way.

But they're gonna set it on fire and there's a non zero chance somebody gets seriously injured, or someone's house goes up.

9 hours ago, Cheese said:

Leaving out who and why they've built it, I actually think it's quite cool in a 'guys being dudes just building shit' kind of way.

But they're gonna set it on fire and there's a non zero chance somebody gets seriously injured, or someone's house goes up.

You'd both love and be shit scared of Las Fallas in Valencia

https://www.visitvalencia.com/en/events-valencia/festivities/the-fallas/questions-fallas

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

There's nothing cool at all about it. They are fucking morons & bigots.

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

Agreed.

You can’t deny that it’s impressive.

3 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Agreed.

You can’t deny that it’s impressive.

You certainly can deny it.

It's pathetic & sad AF.

9 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Nope, I'm afraid you're wrong.

You seriously think grown gammon faced bigots using fucking cranes to build a bonfire isn't tragic?