Pubs Near Your Ground

Commercial just behind the bus station is a proper old style boozer. Popular pre match with Pars fans and auld guys with their messages waiting on their bus. Real Ales and good service. Cheap well prepared food and a clean boozer.

Coady's, named after an Irish artist is a pub you'll love or hate. Wooden floors and a decent length of bar. On Carnegie Drive so it's turn right and 10 minutes to East End. Nothing more to add other than it sells beer.

East Port is a popular place on fitbaw day. Good service and decent atmosphere. It's a steep 10 minute walk from the train station and 5 minutes from the bus station. Taxi rank outside. Will have bouncers on the door for the more popular matches. Bar can be choked and it's too high for wee guys to stand comfortably. Big screens for the fitbaw

Edited by Shooboax

Charlie D's at the ground is a Pars boozer and is jumping pre match, and I mean jumping. It's where the more boisterous fans are, where singing along to the live music is the norm. Service is bad when busy but you can get a 4 pint pitcher for a tenner. I love it. Away fans are allowed in but certain games then Police Scotland will determine who is allowed in. Last season Ayr, Airdrie and Cowden were not allowed in, everybody else then just piled in.

as for the lizzie i have heard its redevelopment is to make it more for food than a pub which i assume would make it a bit different than it used to be. cant be certain but i would avoid and look for boozers in town. imo

as for the lizzie i have heard its redevelopment is to make it more for food than a pub which i assume would make it a bit different than it used to be. cant be certain but i would avoid and look for boozers in town. imo

My usual haunt when through in Dunfermline.

Will see what the deal is soon enough.

If you like a pie with your pint then the Harbour Bar in Kirkcaldy do somr serious pies, you can choose from muttom pies, steak and gravy pies, chicken curry (seriously spicy and hot), chilli con carne as the curry pies spicy and hot, either steak and haggis or steak and stilton are normaly for sale alongside a selection of six ales. I will say again the curry and chilli pies are especially hot and spicy and should be handled with care.

Edited by Par hater

Sounds like the landlord looking to blame football fans for all society's ills and then looking to coin it in from us. That'll be one to stop visiting from now on.

I get why fans coming via bus from the motorway or via train and getting off at Queen Margaret go there, but there are loads of pubs in the town centre that are much better and make for a better away day (in my view).

I get why fans coming via bus from the motorway or via train and getting off at Queen Margaret go there, but there are loads of pubs in the town centre that are much better and make for a better away day (in my view).

Aye, it's an awful long time since I've been to the Elizabeathan (you might even have beaten us that day!) but we tend to get the train the Dunfermline Town and drink in the East Port before going to the bar inside the main stand.

The Elizabeathan can whistle for it after that patter.

If you have time to go into Ayr then:

O'Briens (across from the train station)

Rabbies (just further down a bit)

'Twa Dugs (across from the Odeon)

Tam 'O Shanter (down the high street, bit small, but decent)

Black Bull (next to TK Max down the bottom of the town across the bridge, newly done up, decent prices and loads of Tv's)

River Cottage (where the supporters club goes from, it's ok, but better pubs, right across from the Black Bull)

Hawkhill Bowling Club (next to the ground)

callum-ayr whay about the Ship Tavern along Harbour Road it's an Ayr pub is it not and The Wallace up at the railway station Wetherspoons on the sandgate, willie wasals down the bottom of the sandgate they are all good pubs.

Ship tavern is now a bit step up and play, different owners.

The Wallace is out at Newton on Ayr station, it's decent, but you're not getting a group of 20+ folk in it. Weatherspoons is pish, no music and cheap drink is a myth. Willie Wassels is ok I suppose, but the affor mentioned 7/8 pubs are better.

Callum-ayr I lived and worked in Ayr for two years and to my mind Geordies Byre was a very good pub. Being an ale drinker it suited me as well as the Wellington down in the basement. As you say Wetherstons not much difference from normal pub prices. Is Willie Wassels still reasonable priced? There was another one up by the railway station sat back a bit from the road I could be weong but was it Ma Camerons or something like that another good pub.

Callum-ayr I lived and worked in Ayr for two years and to my mind Geordies Byre was a very good pub. Being an ale drinker it suited me as well as the Wellington down in the basement. As you say Wetherstons not much difference from normal pub prices. Is Willie Wassels still reasonable priced? There was another one up by the railway station sat back a bit from the road I could be weong but was it Ma Camerons or something like that another good pub.

Heard good things about Geordies Byre, especially for Ale drinkers, but never really down that way unless i'm at the snooker hall.  I'd imagine you'll get a cheap lager in Willie Wassells, usually got something like Carling for £2.50.  You talking about the Market Inn at Morrisons?  Decent pub with a decent jukebox.  Shite for watching football the way the bar is shaped.

No it's not the Market I have had a beer or two there. The one I am asking about is when you come out the station up the slope and the Irish pub is almost on the corner across the road turn right and head towards the High Street that way the pub itself sits in a cut back. It's only a few yards from the chip shops and cafes that are there. Anyway will be through on the 6th August get off at the bus station try the Wekkington then possibly Wetherspoons definately Willie Wassels then probably Geordies Byre and if I have time The Wallace. After the game I might want to throw myself in the river or probably drown my sorrows/celebrate in Geordies Byre.

Edited by Par hater

No it's not the Market I have had a beer or two there. The one I am asking about is when you come out the station up the slope and the Irish pub is almost on the corner across the road turn right and head towards the High Street that way the pub itself sits in a cut back. It's only a few yards from the chip shops and cafes that are there. Anyway will be through on the 6th August get off at the bus station try the Wekkington then possibly Wetherspoons definately Willie Wassels then probably Geordies Byre and if I have time The Wallace. After the game I might want to throw myself in the river or probably drown my sorrows/celebrate in Geordies Byre.

Aw buds? Next to the sex shop*?

*So I'm lead to beleive...