dundeebarry's book (No spoilers please!)

LiamDFC

Tonight was good! First time I've ever been to a reading but it was enjoyable/ insightful.

My pal wanted to ask a serious question to Brookmyre but never got a chance. Probably due to his opening question to Barry "have you met Jocky yet?" I think he was just trying to break the ice. He's a DAB anyway so f**k him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Counted it as 50-60 tonight and both Chris and Barry did a sterling job once again.

To be fair, it's as schemie a book event as you'll find anywhere.

Fair one on the Chris front, I managed to get a wee chat with him before the start in San Andreas and he was an interesting guy. I should have mentioned it but thanks to him as well.

Now that I've decided I'm middle class I have nothing to do with 'schemies' so GIRFUY :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished it. I've been reading it in the living room over the last few days pishing laughing myself every few minutes. The bit on the golf course with Jocky wearing his 'Pringle' t-shirt and sitting in the bunker pishing himself laughing about the shite in the hole just about ended me. My flatmate wondered what all the fuss was about and read a bit. The look of confusion and disgust on her face was brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

A braw brew, it will change your life, Andy.

Mind and put your pint on a tray if ordering in a clubbie though.

That last sentence is critical. There's some daft new song kicking about Linlithgow Rose under the name of Viva Lithgie Rose and there's an entire verse (alright 2 lines) given over to reminding punters to use a tray or get the bullet from the Rose club. Pay attention!

That last sentence is critical. There's some daft new song kicking about Linlithgow Rose under the name of Viva Lithgie Rose and there's an entire verse (alright 2 lines) given over to reminding punters to use a tray or get the bullet from the Rose club. Pay attention!

I've nearly fallen foul of this rule on the few occasions I'm there.

if any of you chaps know Good Reads and are of a mind to rate Barry's book highly and say nice things about it please do so at https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20566426-the-tartan-special-one

Don't know the site but I did a review on Amazon. Going out for a wee aperitif but I'll have a look at goodreads later (or more likely tomorrow).

Archived