Scottish Independence

xbl

Also - what exactly are you suggesting would happen if Scotland seceded in 2016 to both Scotland and the rUK?

I know you need to find a blog to copy (as you haven't the first idea what you are talking about) but go find one.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also - what exactly are you suggesting would happen if Scotland seceded in 2016 to both Scotland and the rUK?

I know you need to find a blog to copy (as you haven't the first idea what you are talking about) but go find one.

You keep asking this question and I have told you I have no clue what you mean? With regard to what specifically? And dont say International Law. What exactly is your point here? If you are referring to membership of various International organisations then my assumption is Scotland will negotiate entry prior to Independence and the rUK will continue although losing Scottish Oil reserves, fishing waters and a storage for the largest collection of Nuclear Weapons in Europe may require a review of the rUK's terms.

What would happen is we would get into the EU. No ?

That is the crux of the matter is it not?

I watched an hour and a half of a QandA session last night and not once was the legalities of EU membership mentioned. Only would we get in and like you have already stated, we will get in.

What would happen is we would get into the EU. No ?

That is the crux of the matter is it not?

I watched an hour and a half of a QandA session last night and not once was the legalities of EU membership mentioned. Only would we get in and like you have already stated, we will get in.

As has been pointed out previously the biggest and really the only threat to Scotland being in the EU in the medium term is if we vote NO and the Westminster govt holds it's proposed In/out referendum.

As has been pointed out previously the biggest and really the only threat to Scotland being in the EU in the medium term is if we vote NO and the Westminster govt holds it's proposed In/out referendum.

Agreed. We will be welcomed with open arms.

Like Denmark said it would be ridiculous to welcome Croatia and not Scotland.

No no no no no !!!!!!!!1!

We need a bazillion word essay on each and every law that we will ever come across during our separation negotiations.

Idiot !!!!!!1!

Ahh sorry. I neglected the importance of tedious negotiations that will never witness ourselves..... My bad.

If you are referring to membership of various International organisations then my assumption is Scotland will negotiate entry prior to Independence

Right. So the whole Claim of Right nonsense meant what exactly?

And answer the question - are you saying you understand UK constitutional law better than Matthew Happold - yes or no?

And answer the question - are you saying you understand UK constitutional law better than Matthew Happold - yes or no?

Who gives a shit. Even burma is avoiding your repetitive pish.

You mean the tory government?

No other party liable to form a government is offering anything of the sort on Europe.

What do you think are the chancesof the tories managing to form a majority government in 2015 and why do you think they will?

You have zero credibility here now. You dont understand what Claim of Right means. The clue is in the name.

Is Lord Hope right or wrong?

The Claim of Right, made by, uh, the Scottish Parliament, is the Scottish Parliament claiming the right to recognise or not to recognise the monarch pursuant to fulfilling statutory conditions. Like the Bill of Rights in England. It asserts Parliamentary sovereignty over the king. End.

The Claim of Right has nothing whatsoever to do with EU membership. What quantum leap are you attempting here?

And once again I ask you to define "UK constitutional law"

You mean the tory government?

No other party liable to form a government is offering anything of the sort on Europe.

What do you think are the chancesof the tories managing to form a majority government in 2015 and why do you think they will?

Ehhh greater than the chances of Scotland being refused EU membership.

The Claim of Right, made by, uh, the Scottish Parliament, is the Scottish Parliament claiming the right to recognise or not to recognise the monarch pursuant to fulfilling statutory conditions. Like the Bill of Rights in England. It asserts Parliamentary sovereignty over the king. End.

Wrong wrong wrong. The Claim of Right was when the People of Scotland (an oversimplified term when placed in the context of the day) claimed the right to remove the crown from the King. Ascension to the throne was by assent of the people not a divine right. The Right being claimed was the right of sovereignty.

sigh. this is basic stuff

Archived