Scotland's Oil

Hey! Ho! Jambo!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignorance is bliss, eh?

All you are doing is showing that more then a generation ago, probably when your auld man went to Ibrox, some no-mark made a twat of himself.

I'd be happy to engage with you but I am struggling to see the relevancy.

Very simple although The Ayes hate this. There is no Scottish treasury. Oil companies have no contract with the non-existent treasury. Most are not registered in Scotland.

It is yet another imponderable in Slim Eck's "Och don't worry about that" smoke and mirrors campaign.

So your saying the oil companies will have NO contract OR further rights to drill or extract because the contracts that they have will become null and void?

That sounds very tastey to me.

Should the SG put them out to tender?

Most of the companies who take oil out of the North Sea aren't registered in Scotland.

I'm not sure if you are being serious, but companies are given license to explore and produce by the UK government and are taxed on production in the UK and UKCS. So if you produce in the UK, you are taxed on that production in the UK.

Scotland would put in place a similar taxation scheme. It wouldn't matter where you were based, tax on production in Scotland would be paid to Scottish government.

Don't be so fucking stupid/

Why is that stupid?

If they have a contract or PERMIT with the UKg, it will be null and void as the UKg will no longer have any rights to that area.

If I sold my house, I cant still rent it out to someone else.

All you are doing is showing that more then a generation ago, probably when your auld man went to Ibrox, some no-mark made a twat of himself.

I'd be happy to engage with you but I am struggling to see the relevancy.

In debate about Scottish Independence and Scotland's O&G industry, you fail to see the relevance of definitive proof of Westminster's history of a less than honest approach and attitude towards Scotland and her oil?

Remarkable.

And my Auld man never went to ibrox except to watch the Buds. ;)

Scotland would put in place a similar taxation scheme. It wouldn't matter where you were based, tax on production in Scotland would be paid to Scottish government.

This is, of course, the crassly simplistic view of the brain-dead Nationalist.

Kincardine.

Please then explain for the benefit of the board, how exactly Westminster will retain oil revenue from oil extracted in Scottish waters post independence.

Very simply. Corporation tax will accrue to the county in which the oil company in incorporated. Any petroleum revenue tax will be a matter of negotiation.

I am amazed that people see this differently.

Rattled imo. :)

Yes this new " worlds largest " feild has got all our britnats rattled.

It will be nice to know that when the leave our independent Scotland for Great England that they will be turning their backs on a better life. :lol:

Very simply. Corporation tax will accrue to the county in which the oil company in incorporated. Any petroleum revenue tax will be a matter of negotiation.

Nae luck BP eh.

This is, of course, the crassly simplistic view of the brain-dead Nationalist.

I thought I'd try to contribute a reasonable point. I'm certainly not a brain dead nationalist.

Internationally, taxation on oil and gas production is largely based on where it was produced. Under what circumstances would this be different in the event of a yes vote?

This is great. Any money EDF make must then all be flowing back to France. The UK treasurey gets nane o it.

Think I will switch.

Mind you, the UKg and EDF want me to pay for Hinkley Point. Think I will just vote YES instead.

Whatever BP and the other firms have to pay Westminster in corp tax post indepence is of no conern to Scotland. However Westminster will no longer get PRT and will perhaps have to justify ring fence tax levels. That could be interesting. Can't see BP etc being too chuffed.

However for sure Scotland will take receipt of production tax and will take corporation tax on taxable profit in Scotland.

Tax rates in Scotland? I can't see them being too different to now. But that income to 5 million will make a big difference.

North sea oil money means a lot to the UK. I can see why the desperation to hold onto it.

Archived