FAO Caley Fans.. 'Yogi' Hughes

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trolling your own fans now Sandy?

I perhaps should find your obsession with me touching, rather it is unsettling and a bit on the creepy side.

As for trolling, no not at all.

Fans have drifted away from Inverness home games and the the style of football served up under Butcher has blame.

The punt up to Foran on the left side and then "picking up the crumbs" was a style of play that would make the eyes bleed.

Hughes is trying to bring what most would want, some passing, ball retention and style.

Perhaps we should abandon that ambition and persist with hoofing the ball up the park.

• 4 months later...

Oh how I wish ICT had followed the ICTChris and RiG led P&B received wisdom and fired John Hughes for only delivering a top six place last season.

(If he replies, I do hope RiG re-posts the Ribery gif that he copied from his County chums)

As I thought, the self flagellating presbyterian (we'll pay for this) pundits have scarpered.

Ego is a powerful thing and to admit to even the shadow of a doubt on previously held beliefs and values is a difficult step.

Could some of us have been even the teeniest bit wrong about John Hughes?

As I thought, the self flagellating presbyterian (we'll pay for this) pundits have scarpered.

Ego is a powerful thing and to admit to even the shadow of a doubt on previously held beliefs and values is a difficult step.

No

Thanks BarraJag, I'm sorry for previously discounting you and I feel that you may now be encountering a mindset movement.

Good for you I say.

What are your hopes and expectations for this season?

Thanks BarraJag, I'm sorry for previously discounting you and I feel that you may now be encountering a mindset movement.

Good for you I say.

What are your hopes and expectations for this season?

I want top 6 again and I wasn't sure if we could but today certainly proves we are capable, whether we do it all season is highly unlikely though

The way we are playing at least in the first two games is a big improvement on our narrow no width ball retention style 2nd half of last season, we are playing with width and I hope now these players can get forward and create opportunities and score goals. Like any other newish manager Hughes has to win over the support, I think he is succeeding so far and given that we likely used the second half of last season to adapt and get used to playing football the way he wants it and we still managed to finish with our best points total ever, this season must be seen as the real deal and if we can hold onto McKay and Christie by the end of August we could be on for even better.

He wasn't my choice to be our manager and seeing how Paul Hartley has Dundee set up there is little difference in style between the two, six and half a dozon, so I have been giving him the benefit of the doubt over the last few months, lets wait and see what he does. After all Terry Butcher didn't exactly have a glowing cv when he arrived here. What Yogi needs to do is improve our home form if we are going to push on.

Apologies sophia I was travelling back from the game :)

Good performance today and much improved from the poor showing on Wednesday night. Some interesting tweaks to our style that made it much less pass it around with no real direction. Instead we played some good passing stuff to draw Well onto us and attacked the space in behind them. We also pressed them when they had the ball, unlike previous outings, which was also successful. Some good direct attacking play as well. It was akin to the 3 - 0 victory against Ross County. If Hughes can implement this approach at home rather than the possession for the sake of it approach (as we did on Wednesday) then maybe we'll do better than the two wins in twelve under him at Home. There's definitely room for improvement but I think that the improvements are to incorporate some of the things we did today which we haven't been doing recently especially in Inverness.

Oh, and finally...

gifs_20.gif

I want top 6 again and I wasn't sure if we could but today certainly proves we are capable, whether we do it all season is highly unlikely though

Hearing on the radio after the games that some experts regarded us among the relegation favourites despite keeping all last seasons 1st team which finished 5th and we were well clear of the team in 7th and none of the bottom 6 have improved significantly. Some people still can't get their heads around why we can be a part of the top league or dislike the fact we are not from the central belt. Robbo reckons we might be good for 3rd and qualifying for Europe this season, but I will be happy with any improvement to last seasons points or league placing.

Last season we drew Celtic 2-2 on their own patch, if we could just not lose next Saturday it would give us a point or even 3 that other clubs will not get.

I must admit I had doubts about how the club would perform this season, but they are an absolute joy to watch rather than the hoof ball we were used to under Terry Butcher, which was boring as heck and so predictable.

I am hoping we will improve on last season, which was spectacular with reaching our first major final and also our highest points total for season finishing in top six again. The team are playing a swift fluent passing game and if we continue as we are I can see a very bright future for ICT.

• 2 months later...

If Hughes is our manager for the entire season then I'd be pleased to stay up.

This is just a nightmare for me,

When teams go on about playing the right way or having the correct philosophy then you know they're losers.

Oh dear oh dear, it seems to me that the consensual high and mighty crowing was murder.

For those that feel that they went too far, the only decent thing to do is apologise.

Archived