FAO Caley Fans.. 'Yogi' Hughes

Quite a bizarre statement. What weight does this give to your argument? It sounds as if you are saying that ICT fans who don't go to away games shouldn't be able to form an opinion on a managerial appointment. Maybe I have picked it up wrong but I don't understand why ICT fans should have to think that appinting Hughes is a good decision.

Regarding Butcher and Malpas, the sizeable majority of ICT fans were in support of this decision. What caused some concern was the possibility of one of them only being appointed and you need only to look at their track record as individual managers to see that concern was broadly justified.

Quite a bizarre statement. What weight does this give to your argument? It sounds as if you are saying that ICT fans who don't go to away games shouldn't be able to form an opinion on a managerial appointment. Maybe I have picked it up wrong but I don't understand why ICT fans should have to think that appinting Hughes is a good decision.

Regarding Butcher and Malpas, the sizeable majority of ICT fans were in support of this decision. What caused some concern was the possibility of one of them only being appointed and you need only to look at their track record as individual managers to see that concern was broadly justified.

Have never understood this theory that people who attend allot of away games are somehow better fans. If you have a job\finances that allows you to swan around the country every other weekend then bully you, the way I look at it tho is why would I want to spunk my heard earned cash/freetime visiting shithole towns and contributing to another teams coffers? Be better spending £20-80 odd pounds in the club shop each week if your that much of a "fan", no?

Its up there with the "if you criticise the team\ manger your not a true fan" shite, its pure CaleyThistleOnline patter.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a decent job at Falkirk and started well at Hibs. It's been all shite since then.

Given Hearts record for sacking managers after 8 months, how would you rank Yogi compared with your last 10 managers?

The list of shame reads.....

Burley

Rix

Ivanauskas

Korobochka

Frail

Laszlo

Jefferies

Sergio

Mcglynn

Locke

All since 2005 and not included are various intern managers to hold the fort after sackings.

Ricey and Brady were the reason we got Stokes, Cregg, Howard and O'Donnell.

It was said that Yogi and Ricey spent a lot of nights down south watching reserve matches to scout players.

I remember someone said he was the hardest working manager in Scotland, but I can't remember who said it.

I remember tango man Jimmy Calderwood saying that, he used to offer Yogi his villa in Majorca but he'd rather work etc.

Nah mate, I'm just making the point about supporters not seeing the whole picture when we play though it didn't come out right in that post and on the subject of John Hughes its far far too soon to judge him as a manager, not saying supporters should think he is a good appointment, I've never said he was its just that he needs time which he is just as entitled as anyone and you never know he might just fit the role. I try to be realistic and positive about these things rather than mourning the loss of Butcher, Malpas and Marsella as if our world is going to collapse, the world moves on.

A completely baffling & woeful appoimntment from Inverness.

He's shite.

Still, gives us a better chance to reach a cup final.

8)

I noticed in Yogi's last two seasons at Falkirk (a similar size club to Inverness) he managed 4 wins 2 draws and had only 2 defeats against a Hearts side that finished 8th and then 3rd. Doesn't mean much going into a one off cup match but he obviously had your lot sussed out by then more times than not.

Hughes isn't a bad manager

Yes, he is

Weve already had "guid hard working peepul frae a guid hard working town" Total clown.

:lol:

Quite enjoying the Falkirk fans trying to assure ICT fans that everything will be alright. It won't. Yogi is a fucking clown. I love him.

If you look carefully, you'll see it is only one and he is clearly clueless. Any Falkirk fan who thinks Hughes is anything other than a shite manager is a bigger clown than he is, and that really is saying something.

However, if he has any clue whatsoever

He hasn't. Sorry.

Did a decent job at Falkirk and started well at Hibs. It's been all shite since then.

No, he didn't. He was shite then as well.

:lol::lol::lol:

You'll need to get used to it, I'm afraid.

That's his whole footballing "philosophy", don't you know?

Keeper to the full back, to the centre half, back to the full back (opposition cotton on to what's happening), across to the other full back, then perhaps a deep lying midfielder takes the ball for no apparent reason, then back to the full back, who squares it to the centre half again who then lumps it fifty yards up the park.

I noticed in Yogi's last two seasons at Falkirk (a similar size club to Inverness) he managed 4 wins 2 draws and had only 2 defeats against a Hearts side that finished 8th and then 3rd. Doesn't mean much going into a one off cup match but he obviously had your lot sussed out by then more times than not.

Check out his record v Hearts when he was at Easter Road

Check out his record v Hearts when he was at Easter Road

I don't think that's a good indicator in Hughes' stint as manager, he didn't do as badly as other managers in the derby.

2 draws & 2 losses.

The 0-0 at Tynecastle was a poor game of football, lit up by one of Wotherspoon's early & promising performances.

Wotherspoon played at right-back under Hughes, arguably having his best games in this position despite being unable to defend or track back!

Other than the poor open-play and Hearts' abundance of throw-ins & corners, Hibs were unlucky to not snatch a win.

Wotherspoon ran from right-back, with the ball, running past a couple of Hearts players before firing a shot from some distance! (1)

Unfortunately, Balogh just managed to get his fingers to it and it was pushed onto the post. The other chance was when Nish fired a header onto the post later in the game.

It's a shame we never seen much of that Wotherspoon, enough at Hibs. After his surge forward, he tried to do it again, he dummied Stewart superbly before opting for a pass. (2)

The 1-1 draw could have gone either way as both sides missed a sitter apiece. This was the game where McCormack and Palazuelos were sent off after tussling.

The first loss [2-1] was a more typical derby where Hearts kept pressure on Hibs and comfortably went into the break with 2 goals. Riordan managed to get a consolation, but I don't think Hearts' win was in doubt.

The second loss [1-2] was only a loss thanks to Graeme Smith having one of many howlers, that consigned him to history as the worst Hibs keeper in my memory.

That said, Hearts were the better side, as was customary for derbies when they bullied/pressured Hibs all over the park.

I don't think you proved a point by referencing Hughes' derby record at Hibs though, as I wouldn't say he had much control over the variables leading to Hibs missing out on a point or three, on two occasions. If I were CityDave, I'd not be swayed into feeling more positive nor negative about our derbies under Hughes.

(1)

23 seconds into the video.

(2)

Genuine question for ICT fans. Are you naturally more averse to Yogi do you think because he sounds like a total imbecile when he talks?

I've got nothing against him..... Just don't think he was the right choice. I think most of us would have wanted Paul Hartley as first choice, and Kenny Shiels as second.

I doubt very much if Yogi was at the top of anyone's list.

I don't think that's a good indicator in Hughes' stint as manager, he didn't do as badly as other managers in the derby.

2 draws & 2 losses.

The 0-0 at Tynecastle was a poor game of football, lit up by one of Wotherspoon's early & promising performances.

Wotherspoon played at right-back under Hughes, arguably having his best games in this position despite being unable to defend or track back!

Other than the poor open-play and Hearts' abundance of throw-ins & corners, Hibs were unlucky to not snatch a win.

Wotherspoon ran from right-back, with the ball, running past a couple of Hearts players before firing a shot from some distance! (1)

Unfortunately, Balogh just managed to get his fingers to it and it was pushed onto the post. The other chance was when Nish fired a header onto the post later in the game.

It's a shame we never seen much of that Wotherspoon, enough at Hibs. After his surge forward, he tried to do it again, he dummied Stewart superbly before opting for a pass. (2)

The 1-1 draw could have gone either way as both sides missed a sitter apiece. This was the game where McCormack and Palazuelos were sent off after tussling.

The first loss [2-1] was a more typical derby where Hearts kept pressure on Hibs and comfortably went into the break with 2 goals. Riordan managed to get a consolation, but I don't think Hearts' win was in doubt.

The second loss [1-2] was only a loss thanks to Graeme Smith having one of many howlers, that consigned him to history as the worst Hibs keeper in my memory.

That said, Hearts were the better side, as was customary for derbies when they bullied/pressured Hibs all over the park.

I don't think you proved a point by referencing Hughes' derby record at Hibs though, as I wouldn't say he had much control over the variables leading to Hibs missing out on a point or three, on two occasions. If I were CityDave, I'd not be swayed into feeling more positive nor negative about our derbies under Hughes.

(1)

23 seconds into the video.

(2)

If you think 2 points from a possible 12 is a good return then you bash on

I've got nothing against him..... Just don't think he was the right choice. I think most of us would have wanted Paul Hartley as first choice, and Kenny Shiels as second.

I doubt very much if Yogi was at the top of anyone's list.

I would have been happier with Paul Hartley as he seems like a manager on the rise and with potential, but mind we didn't get the chance to chose him, he decided not to take the job if he was offered it. Kind off wasted our time, maybe someone else could have been added to the shortlist if he had opted out sooner.

Kenny Shiels would have been a good choice as well, I think many supporters would have not been unhappy if he had been appointed. Could be interesting to see if he can make a difference at Morton in the short time left with that gap at the bottom of the Championship.

Archived