FAO Caley Fans.. 'Yogi' Hughes

If you think 2 points from a possible 12 is a good return then you bash on

There's no doubt that Hibs could not compete on the same level then with a Hearts team that were living well beyond their means and only seeing short term gain.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no doubt that Hibs could not compete on the same level then with a Hearts team that were living well beyond their means and only seeing short term gain.

Believe what you want,.time will tell

Cant believe he was appointed at the time- he's significantly worse than Butcher the only way is down unfortunately.

We'll struggle to remain in the top 6 this season and it will be all bottom 6 next season.

The players, average anyway, have lost that extra 20% effort that was pushing us up the league. Yogi is trying to build from the back to the detriment of scoring goals- we've seem to have lost a huge edge going forward, two blanks against St Mirren and Partick speak volume. And we beat such a poor Hearts side.

All this wouldn't be so bad- firming up at the back- if we didnt have the debacle of the Aberdeen game- the defense looked clueless, at half time I was getting texts saying if I was going to leave- I stayed in my seat, in disbelief more than anything else as I hadn't seen us that bad as we were in that first 45 minutes in a long long time if ever. In the 2nd half all the tactics went out the window and we just went for it, got 3 goals back but were very, very lucky that Aberdeen didn't put more passed us, they had 3/4 running from deep opportunities.

Shows that Yogi's tactics aren't working- we'd be much better without him and that Graeme Bennett knew that it was a disaster and that's why he quit, the reservations about the clubs future was that they wanted the cheap shit option to replace Butcher

Sorry but this about Benett is totally untrue. Bennett by his many own inebriated admissions hated butcher and Marsella in particular and was on a very slippery slope in his job. I spoke with Marsella very recently and Bennett and him had no relationship at all other than Bennett to criticise his signings. Caley better off without him.

Sorry but this about Benett is totally untrue. Bennett by his many own inebriated admissions hated butcher and Marsella in particular and was on a very slippery slope in his job. I spoke with Marsella very recently and Bennett and him had no relationship at all other than Bennett to criticise his signings. Caley better off without him.

Bennett wasn't happy with Marsella's signings?

Why?

No idea. Presumably his own personal/ego reasons. But apparantely, and this is out of the horses mouth, pre signing the majority he went out his way to critisice,(brill / fat for example) and was basically just a divisive, pain in the arse. Have heard Bennett with my own ears saying he can't wait to sack butcher (about a year ago) never ever understood why caley fans hold the man in such regard.

I don't think that's a good indicator in Hughes' stint as manager, he didn't do as badly as other managers in the derby.

2 draws & 2 losses.

The 0-0 at Tynecastle was a poor game of football, lit up by one of Wotherspoon's early & promising performances.

Wotherspoon played at right-back under Hughes, arguably having his best games in this position despite being unable to defend or track back!

Other than the poor open-play and Hearts' abundance of throw-ins & corners, Hibs were unlucky to not snatch a win.

Wotherspoon ran from right-back, with the ball, running past a couple of Hearts players before firing a shot from some distance! (1)

Unfortunately, Balogh just managed to get his fingers to it and it was pushed onto the post. The other chance was when Nish fired a header onto the post later in the game.

It's a shame we never seen much of that Wotherspoon, enough at Hibs. After his surge forward, he tried to do it again, he dummied Stewart superbly before opting for a pass. (2)

The 1-1 draw could have gone either way as both sides missed a sitter apiece. This was the game where McCormack and Palazuelos were sent off after tussling.

The first loss [2-1] was a more typical derby where Hearts kept pressure on Hibs and comfortably went into the break with 2 goals. Riordan managed to get a consolation, but I don't think Hearts' win was in doubt.

The second loss [1-2] was only a loss thanks to Graeme Smith having one of many howlers, that consigned him to history as the worst Hibs keeper in my memory.

That said, Hearts were the better side, as was customary for derbies when they bullied/pressured Hibs all over the park.

I don't think you proved a point by referencing Hughes' derby record at Hibs though, as I wouldn't say he had much control over the variables leading to Hibs missing out on a point or three, on two occasions. If I were CityDave, I'd not be swayed into feeling more positive nor negative about our derbies under Hughes.

(1)

23 seconds into the video.

(2)

I do apologise,I didn't realise I had to agree with what you post

Hughes is brilliant for 150 passes and the ball still in your half. He calls it "excellent ball retention"

Still have nightmares about Liam Miller and Kevin McBride's 5 yard back and forth and routine.

Nothing wrong with short passing but I don't think Barca will be implementing the give it to a full-back to smash out the stadium if anyone closes the midfield down strategy very soon.

Surprised to hear on Sportsound tonight that Paul Hartley (who has quit at Alloa) was interviewed twice for the ICT job when Butcher left, and it was said, he was very disappointed that he didn't get it.

I was kind of under the impression that he turned us down because he (and his family) weren't sure about moving to Inverness.

Was anyone else under that impression?

yep certainly seems to be what i heard. something along the lines,of not wanting to commute to Inverness but after todays victory its time for the yogi haters to give the guy a chance

Archived