FAO Caley Fans.. 'Yogi' Hughes

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good news for Caley fans is Butcher is doing a terrible job at Hibs.

It seems Terry had just about found his level at Caley.

What Yogis level is I'm not exactly sure.

What do you mean level?. We will finish above Hibs for the 4th time in a row.

You should know more about Yogi than us, but you forget the relative success he brought you.

The arse has fallen out of Hibs season about this time of the year for the last 3 years, its seems traditional and this time Terry must shoulder the blame but it makes no difference to us. Terry didn't want to stay with us, his decision and on that basis I don't wish for him to come back and just prefer to laugh into my beer at his struggles. Even so who's to say Pat Fenlon would have done better job after all it was a result against Hearts that turned a small vocal group of Hibs fans against him convincing him to walk away, maybe Fenlon should have had stayed, maybe it wouldn't have mattered regarding Terry Butcher if he had because Terry might have left to join another club anyway.

Terry had a very patient board at Inverness who believed in him and there is less pressure, but it took 4 season to get the team he wanted and to play the way he wanted, where as before Terry had to make do with a quick fix but didn't keep us up, had a clear out and with the help of Steve Marsala uncovered a few gems in his signings and gave some of the younger players a chance and won promotion back, again had a clear out and some Marsala signings before we started the first season back up we did well for the 1st half of the season then we had the rest of that season and all of the next which was a struggle, mainly due to injuries and a small squad but there were times where a lot of us supporters were losing patience.

Now I guess Terry has learned a lot from his time up here about managing and on this he will need to work a lot faster at Hibs to find the right blend if, big if, he gets the time to do it. Where as with us we need to go through an adjustment learning process all over again with our new manager.

The good news for Caley fans is Butcher is doing a terrible job at Hibs.

It seems Terry had just about found his level at Caley.

What Yogis level is I'm not exactly sure.

So Terry Butcher's level is actually higher than Hibs? That makes no sense at all.

How long is has Yogi got a contract for?

2 and a half years. He'll get two opportunities to get us into the Championship. We might have to sell Billy McKay to make up a compensation package for him to go away. No wonder Graeme Bennett left given the compete mess our board has now got the club into.

2 and a half years. He'll get two opportunities to get us into the Championship. We might have to sell Billy McKay to make up a compensation package for him to go away. No wonder Graeme Bennett left given the compete mess our board has now got the club into.

I would imagine he would be in no position to 'demand' that sort of contract, however a good agent can work wonders. You would have thought they would have just given a contract till the end of the season, with performance triggers in place that would give him the option to extend it.

Hibs have been ICT's bitches for the best part of a decade, both in terms of results against each other and league placing. Quite how they're 'level' is higher than ours is perplexing.

I would imagine he would be in no position to 'demand' that sort of contract, however a good agent can work wonders. You would have thought they would have just given a contract till the end of the season, with performance triggers in place that would give him the option to extend it.

I could be wrong but I remember Terry Butcher was only given a contract until the end of his first season with us, but the board were that impressed by the improvement and the plans Terry had for the team they handed him an extension. Yogi though doesn't have these same pressures and there exists enough of a comfort zone just now which affords the board the luxury, which fair enough is in line with the club's policy of working with managers and long term plans. Could be different next season if we are dragged into a relegation battle and going by the progress the likes of St. Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle have this season plus the possible addition of a rejuvenated Dundee side coming up we could be pushed behind these teams next season.

A big say in Yogi's future could be on how many season tickets are sold and see if there is a complete drop off in attendances which seems likely given the style of football he has introduced. Good results play a big part in attendances but also being entertained what ever happens.

Now you would have thought our Board would have offered a contract like that initially to see how things panned out first. Maybe that was too sensible for them!

A big say in Yogi's future could be on how many season tickets are sold and see if there is a complete drop off in attendances which seems likely given the style of football he has introduced. Good results play a big part in attendances but also being entertained what ever happens.

. I can see myself going to the Clach Park next season if Hughes is still in charge. So that's 3 season tickets that won't be getting renewed from my household.

. I can see myself going to the Clach Park next season if Hughes is still in charge. So that's 3 season tickets that won't be getting renewed from my household.

That's taking it too far. Get yourself along to the Bught Park and watch City, hopefully we will be in the Superleague next season, looking good for it at the moment and its free admission.

If you want to convince yourself that Hibs are a smaller job than Caley then go ahead.

You'll need to translate the meaning of level from what you think it means to what it actually means for the rest of who don't understand what the f**k you're on about.

That's taking it too far. Get yourself along to the Bught Park and watch City, hopefully we will be in the Superleague next season, looking good for it at the moment and its free admission.

I watched the game last night with one of the City players and he was as bemused by our set up on the park as I was.

I'm not looking for an argument in here as I'm biased - what do Inverness fans see as being acceptable next season? Top six? Comfortably staying up? Any sort of survival?

A bit early to say depending on if anybody leaves/joins in the transfer window and what other clubs do, but as we have the majority of our squad on deals beyond this summer I would say we definitely have a team capable of getting in to the top six again. Seventh or eighth would be disappointing but acceptable and anything below that would be a poor season.

I may just give that a go City Dave.

Archived