P&B's Game of the Year 2013

Liam.

Forum polls seem to be pretty popular these days and I'm nothing, NOTHING, if not a bandwagon jumper.

Keeping it simple, send me a PM with your top 5 games of 2013. Depending on how many different games we receive I'll do a top 20, 10, whatever. Full retail games, mobile games, Indie games are fine, as are platform exclusives. Unaltered re-releases (ie FFVII on Steam), DLC & episodic games where the full game hasn't been released don't count. Apart from that, the only rule is the game has to have been released in 2013.

Feel free to speculate or post your top 5 in this thread although only entries by PM will count.

Closing date: 31/1/13

Edit 16/1/14: For games which might not be considered newly released in 2013 (ie FFVII re-release, retail version of The Walking Dead season 1), include a replacement just in case. These games will be put to the thread to decide whether they are considered valid or not. Episodic games where the final ep has not been released in 2013 do not count (ie The Walking Dead Season 2).

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomb raider

DmC Devil May cry

Farcry 3 since it was released after goty was announced last year

GTA V

(360 only) need to get a ps3. I watched my sister playing TLOU and it made my eyes bleed so I don't really feel like I should say either way but it look Gid Ken?

Last Of Us
Bioshock Infinite
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
GTA 5
Papers please

If no-one has played "Papers please", they definitely should. Incredibly simple premise yet it is an utterly enthralling game.

Don't have a top 5 as not played many new games this year that said both Walking Dead and Bioshock Infinite are both good shouts (the full WD game wasn't released until 2013)

Last Of Us

Bioshock Infinite

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

GTA 5

Papers please

If no-one has played "Papers please", they definitely should. Incredibly simple premise yet it is an utterly enthralling game.

Good list although I'm going to say The Swapper instead of Papers Please. PP is great but very one dimensional. Swapper is like Metroid meets Portal, best PC game I played from this year by a mile

FF7 was altered.

(the full WD game wasn't released until 2013)

Was trying to avoid there being an issue with these games like these. Right, easiest way to sort it is if you want to vote for a game that might possibly fall under one of these categories include a replacement game just in case.

After the 31st I'll post the games that fall under this category with votes and the thread can decide.

edit: Except The Stanley Parable HD, that's valid whether you fuckers like it or not. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I only played four new games last year so can't submit top five but I'd rank those four games in this order:

The Last of Us

Bioshock Infinite

GTA V

Batman Arkham Origins

The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite were vastly better than the other two, although B.I. took it's time drawing me in while The Last of Us pretty much had me hooked from very early on.

• 5 months later...

Played it for a few hours and felt exhausted. Fcuk coming home after a hard day of work and booting this up for a second shift!

Archived