Favourite Football Boots ever

Back in the day I had a pair of Gola boots with moulded soles which were the comfiest boots I ever wore. I always loved Puma and the Puma King is a superb example. I also wore Adidas Inter, Santiago and 2000. I had one pair of Patrick boots which had a huge tongue which came off the 1st time I wore them.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Only play fives these days , but , late eighties early nineties I used to wear adidas boots all the time , then they changed the fit of them. They seemed to make boots very narrow and they didn't fit me any more , changed to Patrick boots with the strange half screw in stud , very comfortable boots.

Since giving up 11's its been a steady stream of Nikes and puma stuff. Got a pair of Nike 5 trainers which I thought were great until someone hit the top of my foot wearing blades - they had no protection at all.now back to wearing a heavier leather Nike again. Some of the boots Ive seen when out trainer shopping seem very thin , surely this must cause a fair amount of injuries ?

Always liked Puma until I found out they were the Nazi side of the Dassler family. One of my cousins played at a very high level in Canada (a possible oxymoron) and always wanted pairs of boots called Patricks sent over to him. Not sure what the fuss was all about on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I went into a shop today to try on the Pantofola D'Oro Lazzarinis with the FG sole. The guy told me if I was using them on 4G pitches they'd probably get ripped really easil being leather. Does anyone have any experience of wearing them on 3G/4G turf?

Okay, I went into a shop today to try on the Pantofola D'Oro Lazzarinis with the FG sole. The guy told me if I was using them on 4G pitches they'd probably get ripped really easil being leather. Does anyone have any experience of wearing them on 3G/4G turf?

Honest salesman. How often are you going to be using them?

What about dubbin? Get them smeared in the stuff before you play?

Honest salesman. How often are you going to be using them?

What about dubbin? Get them smeared in the stuff before you play?

I play 5's usually twice a week on 4G surface but I'll also be using them on grass occasionally. I was planning on using dubbin yeah, I'm just scared of paying £100+ for a pair of boots to then have them split after a week or two!

I play 5's usually twice a week on 4G surface but I'll also be using them on grass occasionally. I was planning on using dubbin yeah, I'm just scared of paying £100+ for a pair of boots to then have them split after a week or two!

Get some gutties like these... they might fly off now and again but easy to slip back on ;)

post-4714-0-88368600-1395074468_thumb.jp

Archived