Business / corporate speak nonsense

We were having system issues today.  During the conference call convened to find a the problem and fix it, someone piped up that we should look for commonality.

I think I'm still looking.

Dynamic Reconciliation would have fixed it. Along with Continuous Improvement. Then you could get stuck into the Chocolate Box at the End of Play.

Turns out that it was

there was a flap in the core handoff with Colt facing Mux during the time of the incident.

Forget Corporate speak, tech speak is where it's at!

Had a meeting today about unpacking objectives and drilling down.

c***s.

If you'd said "drilling objectives" and "packing down" they'd have all nodded sagely.

There was a job advert circulated in my organisation today for a 'Scrum Master'.

Saw a job advertised the other day for "Data Scientist & Storyteller". Looks like my recent experience of reading bedtime stories to my kids will pay off!

Some boy sent out an email to the area saying that he'll effectively grass folk in who don't "action" one specific thing that we're all supposed to do pretty much daily.

Last week, the same boy was the only person not to do that one thing. Pleasing.

I was composing an email to a "stakeholder" advising them that I wouldn't be able to look at their query until late next week as I was "under the pump" with other high priority work.

When I was proof reading the email before sending I noticed that bit, gave myself a boot in the pie and changed it to "busy".

Be careful everyone, this evil is infiltrating into our DNA...

Edited by Swarley

I was composing an email to a "stakeholder" advising them that I wouldn't be able to look at their query until late next week as I was "under the pump" with other high priority work.

When I was proof reading the email before sending I noticed that bit, gave myself a boot in the pie and changed it to "busy".

Be careful everyone, this evil is infiltrating into our DNA...

It's all part of your "continual personal mainframe database upgrading". Be careful out there.

Had a meeting today about unpacking objectives and drilling down.

c***s.

I hope you liased effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.

A guy here has just come in a bit earleir than usual and told me it was because the "Traffic is usually scaled down a bit on a Friday".

Edited by gavin_3110

I hope you liased effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.

A guy here has just come in a bit earleir than usual and told me it was because the "Traffic is usually scaled down a bit on a Friday".

Due to "stakeholders having an off campus status sitituation".

Saw a job advertised the other day for "Data Scientist & Storyteller". Looks like my recent experience of reading bedtime stories to my kids will pay off!

Oh dear, I bet your kids groan - "Not another data science story"

Oh dear, I bet your kids groan - "Not another data science story"

"If he tells us about the correlation between tenure, engagement and attrition within the Marketing & Product department again I'll scream and scream until I'm sick"

I'm reading an update on a piece of data management activity. In the absence of a technical solution at the moment, a clerical solution is in place which will include - and I quote - "manual eyeballing to cleanse the data".

Manual eyeballing ffs. Or "look at" if you're not absolutely fucking mental.

I'm reading an update on a piece of data management activity. In the absence of a technical solution at the moment, a clerical solution is in place which will include - and I quote - "manual eyeballing to cleanse the data".

Manual eyeballing ffs. Or "look at" if you're not absolutely fucking mental.

Good point.  Are there other kinds of eyeballing - for example, automatic eyeballing or remote eyeballing?

"If he tells us about the correlation between tenure, engagement and attrition within the Marketing & Product department again I'll scream and scream until I'm sick"

If this is going to be your attitude to the job, I don't think you should apply.

Oops, sorry - this is something you think your kids might say.

Small business owner who is undecided which way to vote in the EU referendum on the 10 o'clock news 

"My business head sides with remain, but it would be romantic if the United Kingdom pulls up the drawbridge and rows it's own boat for once"