Business / corporate speak nonsense

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I said "going forward" in a sentence the other week then immediately backed away and reprimanded myself. I also admitted it to others so I could be appropriately punished.

Yikes!
I am having a problem with the gear shift on my car, especially when the car is going in the direction it is normally designed to go
Any suggestions what I should say when I ask to get it fixed?

On 11/07/2016 at 15:37, RiG said:

I just used the phrase 'high level overview' in an email at work.

*shudder*

Earlier today, I sent an email asking someone to "disseminate" to her team, which sounds like something that would happen around 11.30pm at the works night out.

Alternatively, she could just tell them...

Suggestion for Microsoft et al; as well as a spell check how about adding a corporate bullshit filter for email clients, word processing apps etc? It finds terms such as those highlighted and changes the text to something normal.

And if it could administer a swift boot to the chuff at the same time it would be a winner.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I just used the phrase 'two separate finance streams' on a conference call.

I feel absolutely disgusted with myself.

No wonder - 'bi-parallel finance streams', surely? :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

I bring to your attention an email from Swimming Australia

"As we move toward the conclusion of our Olympic pool competition, it is natural that we begin to reflect on some of the things that we have witnessed this week ...

"In doing this, we have heard and read a lot about team culture. Our team promotes and facilitates a values-driven, learning-oriented, process-focused culture.

"What this means is that our values drive who we are and how we treat ourselves, our teammates, our sport and our country.

"We are committed to the personal and professional growth and learning of our people. And we are focused on great processes that enhance performance both in and out of the pool.

"So how does this translate in the team and the pool? The key is our language. We have the courage to tackle difficult conversations in a timely and professional manner. If there is an issue, it's the behaviour or the action that we confront, not the person. By removing the action/behaviour from the person, we retain value and respect for our teammate, but bring to their attention, and gain understanding on what it is that any member of the team wants to address.

"This allows people to maintain a feeling of value and worth. We don't allow ourselves to diminish a person's worth by the language we use.

"Whether someone achieves peak performance or they miss their own goal and dream through a sub-optimal performance, the individual's value is retained. They retain the confidence and support of their teammates, regardless.

"It's a small, but important factor. We stay connected and strong as a team as we ride the roller-coaster."

Translation: Didn't win enough medals

• 1 month later...