Derek Riordan (Mind him?)

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/derek-riordan-fined-for-edinburgh-pub-attack-1-3412332

Riordan, she said, had been enjoying a night out with his brother and had consumed some alcohol. “His recollection of the events is a bit vague” she said. Riordan and Mr Holahan had accidentally banged into each other on the crowded dance floor, she said. “Mr Riordan misjudged the situation and struck the complainer on the face. He regrets it very much indeed”.

:lol:
Biggest waster in the history of Scottish football? I can't think of anyone quite on his level apart from his pal Gary Jos.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deeks having a mare whilst on a night out shocker. Surprised Big Ger Cafferty didn't break the news.

Charlie Miller was the biggest waste IMO.

Just like Griffiths, playing all these games at Celtic really ruins these ex hibs lads, turns them into right nutjobs.

Maybe they should sign for Rangers, snort Charlie and bet against their own team.

He is a complete waster but I fucking loved watching him bang the goals in for us, was a great striker for us.

In fact, I loved watching that team play.

Over 100 goals I think. Don't think we'll see anyone else do that for a while to come.

He is a complete waster but I fucking loved watching him bang the goals in for us, was a great striker for us.

In fact, I loved watching that team play.

That's what makes him the biggest waster Scottish football has seen, for me. Because he was genuinely talented.

One day, maybe not for 10/20/30 years (if he lives that long), he'll feel massive regret over his actions. Could have made a brilliant life for himself, instead he's a 31 year old scrapping with guys who bump into him in clubs.

Hibs have to shoulder a bit of blame in that for me. No discipline at all.

That's what makes him the biggest waster Scottish football has seen, for me. Because he was genuinely talented.

One day, maybe not for 10/20/30 years (if he lives that long), he'll feel massive regret over his actions. Could have made a brilliant life for himself, instead he's a 31 year old scrapping with guys who bump into him in clubs.

Hibs have to shoulder a bit of blame in that for me. No discipline at all.

Pish, hes a waster and a cock. Nothing was gonna change who he is and who he kicks about with. Everyone in Edinburgh knows what his mates and family are like.

He might look back all those years later and say he can't believe he got to play and score over 100 goals for the team he grew up supporting. You may not like him(not sure most Hibs fans do TBH) but he lived the dream.

The Grass Is Greener, on 16 May 2014 - 00:21, said:

Pish, hes a waster and a cock. Nothing was gonna change who he is and who he kicks about with. Everyone in Edinburgh knows what his mates and family are like.

He might look back all those years later and say he can't believe he got to play and score over 100 goals for the team he grew up supporting. You may not like him(not sure most Hibs fans do TBH) but he lived the dream.

Lived the dream? Perhaps for the average fan he did, but for one of the most naturally gifted talents to grace Scotland in a very long time he's had a disgraceful career.

Lived the dream? Perhaps for the average fan he did, but for one of the most naturally gifted talents to grace Scotland in a very long time he's had a disgraceful career.

I agree, but he comes across too stupid to realise this imo.

Yes lived the dream, hes said it in interviews before.

If I had a job where I had the opportunity to set me and my family up for life by progressing throughout my career, only to find myself washed up at 31 with nothing to show other than being banned from every pub in Edinburgh, a few court appearances and 100 goals for Hibs, I would be plagued with regret.

At the end of the day it's a job, and he has achieved basically nothing when you consider his potential.

If he thinks he's lived the dream and that keeps him happy in the cells after yet another scrap, fair enough.

Sir Alex Ferguson once turned up at a party Ryan Giggs and Lee Sharpe were at and dragged them out. Giggs (apart from being a shagger) went on to be a model professional for the rest of his career.

What did Hibs do for Riordan? Or O'Connor? Or Griffiths?

Your players were out peeving after just qualifying for the play-offs, which says everything about the culture at the club.

Archived