Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Why anybody wouldn't want a proven goalscorer in the team is beyond me. Regardless of your feelings towards Boyd as a person (mainly due to him playing for the old Rangers) he is a fantastic goalscorer, is still in his prime and is the all time leading scorer in the current Preimier league/SPL era.

I don't think for a second he will actually sign with us though, and I fear he will go to Aberdeen which will further cement their place as 'the second team in Scotland' for another season.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Boyd was on Central FM last night and said both United and Aberdeen had offered him a contract and that he'll make his mind up shortly.

I'd love him at the Dandies but have a feeling he'll seen for you lot purely because it's an hour closer to Ayrshire!

was good couple years back in the reserves scored a barrel load but never really pushed on (either in training/U20's or out on loan) and made it impossible for either Houstie or jackie not to call him up and use him.

To be fair to the lad hes probably not good enough at this level but i could see him being decent for a championship club, he is a player United wont miss but at the same time would wish the best wherever he goes :thumsup2

Apparently Boyd was on Central FM last night and said both United and Aberdeen had offered him a contract and that he'll make his mind up shortly.

I'd love him at the Dandies but have a feeling he'll seen for you lot purely because it's an hour closer to Ayrshire!

Starting to believe this actually might happen. Agree that we have the geographical advantage on Aberdeen, but I'd imagine he'd rather be at a club in the west.

Why are the Undead not in for him?

Starting to believe this actually might happen. Agree that we have the geographical advantage on Aberdeen, but I'd imagine he'd rather be at a club in the west.

He said he wanted to be at a club who are winning things. That's unlikely to be The Rangers for some time. Also, they've probably had their fill of twilighters with Kenneth Miller esq, though it's hard to tell with McCoist's 'Zimmers n Bunnets' squad building.

Wondering what length of contract we'd be offering. He'd probably want 3 for security, we'd probably be looking at 2...?

I think they are but taking to long to open contract talks with him.

The Courier just reporting that Spittal has chosen to sign for The Big Team over The Wee Team. Refreshing to see so many young players around Tannadice with their heads screwed on.

Ok, so, potential limeup for the opening day game...

Rado

Ogreski

Rankin

Dow Telfer Spittal Armstrong Gauld Robertson GMS

Ciftci Boyd

The Courier just reporting that Spittal has chosen to sign for The Big Team over The Wee Team. Refreshing to see so many young players around Tannadice with their heads screwed on.

Ok, so, potential limeup for the opening day game...

Rado

Ogreski Ogrev

Rankin

Dow Telfer Spittal Armstrong Gauld Robertson GMS

Ciftci Boyd

You've picked 12 there, but with that team, we could probably leave Rado out.

You've picked 12 there, but with that team, we could probably leave Rado out.

:D

Ogreski is the 12th. No referee will have the balls to get him off the park.

Archived