Fife managers

stevie k

1. Dairs leave Oakley. Both linked wi HOB

Lee Dair connected with lochore, but takes local amateur job.

Watt leaves Lochgelly for Oakley job.

2. Craig Ness assistant at Thornton enquires abt Lochgelly job.

3. Downie, leaves Kdy YM. Roy Ness takes over..... Roy resigns today! ( heading to Lochgelly with his bro? )

4. McGuire gets St Andrews job

Lot ov movement

2 decent jobs up for grabs at Lochgelly and Kdy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a deeper underlying issue as to why managers are changing every so often and its down to the fact of the new league reconstruction,

Lower level junior clubs are finding it harder and harder to attract players and losing them to Amateur or to the game all together due to the travelling involved.

No one wants t travel from Lochore- Brechin or Lochgelly- Dunbar for a league game, its madness.

Superleague is different as the clubs there tend to have better support and have a bit better finance to do this.

At the end of next season they must go back to regional lower leagues or i think you will find a lot of these teams will either go Amateur or into abeyance.

The lower sides are struggling to attract Managers,Coaches and players and this cant be good for the game.

By all means keep the Superleague in its current format as it seems to be working ,

Im not sure if the Premier will work next year. A lot of travelling for the 4/5 based Lothian teams that will be involved but

the North/South have to be regionalised again.

I will have the usual posters disagreeing but i fear for clubs such as Kirkcaldy/Thornton/Lochore/Lochgelly/Crossgates/Rosyth if this doesnt happen soon.

If these clubs and committees (and indeed players) want to live in the 18th century then they'll not really be missed in the Junior game.

The Fife clubs have continually (or at least certain ones) moaned about the regional leagues since they were introduced and how they want to go back to District games - well what exactly is stopping them?

If these clubs and committees (and indeed players) want to live in the 18th century then they'll not really be missed in the Junior game.

The Fife clubs have continually (or at least certain ones) moaned about the regional leagues since they were introduced and how they want to go back to District games - well what exactly is stopping them?

Nothing is stopping them, I think if the Fife clubs were to vote im sure you would have 80-90% majority to revert back,

As long as there were guarentees it wouldnt affect a promotion place if the clubs who wish to progress can do so.

It needs someone with a bit clout in Fife Junior football too take this to the clubs in the region and canvass opinion.

It wont happen until 2/3 clubs get together and do something about it.

Drs...... FJ quote is general and not the thoughts of all. There will always 4 or 5 who are ambitious and strive to b an established SL team..... But his quote is aimed at the rest whom survival is hard enough never mind mindless travelling for a meaningless game that is probably down on quality. These teams lacking in ambition or not is another argument, but some have bn around for years and are facing going under.

If they were more local and had the chance of a day out with local derbies, then the added bonus of a BIG team - like yours in a cup tie, the gates would b way better

Bearing in mind your team and 2 others want to combine with the west because it is not fruitful for you to travel to Carnoustie for 1 man and his dug to watch, when the same time travelled would c a gate of 300 in the west.

Different argument / ambition. Same end result tho.

I for one, love the SL, but after bing with Oakley and currently at Ballingry - I c the argument from both sides ????????

Drs...... FJ quote is general and not the thoughts of all. There will always 4 or 5 who are ambitious and strive to b an established SL team..... But his quote is aimed at the rest whom survival is hard enough never mind mindless travelling for a meaningless game that is probably down on quality. These teams lacking in ambition or not is another argument, but some have bn around for years and are facing going under.

If they were more local and had the chance of a day out with local derbies, then the added bonus of a BIG team - like yours in a cup tie, the gates would b way better

Bearing in mind your team and 2 others want to combine with the west because it is not fruitful for you to travel to Carnoustie for 1 man and his dug to watch, when the same time travelled would c a gate of 300 in the west.

I for one, love the SL, but after bing with Oakley and currently at Ballingry - I c the argument from both sides

what two teams want to combine with the west.along with DRS's team

Have to say the setup works. And have enjoyed going to grounds which I have never been to. Would be shit playing Whitburn Blackburn stoneyburn harthill all the time .it all comes down to the cost to travel to these games

Valid points Gogsy,

I think of the 16 Fife based teams ( thats inc Tayport) 8 would be for it 3/4 not and the rest not sure so my estimate was high.

probably more around 75%,

Whats the next best scenario ?. The teams who cant sustain Junior to go Amateur and enter the Kingdom League?

If that's the best way for these clubs to survive then the answer is yes they go amateur, nobody wants to see any club go under so they find they level they can survive at. You mentioned Kirkcaldy in one of your posts, they've taken time out from playing twice in my time watching junior football, both of these were when they were playing in the old Fife Leagues.

why ? they could play junior without getting paid.

[quote name="stevie k" post="8465745" timestamp="

I for one, love the SL, but after bing with Oakley and currently at Ballingry - I c the argument from both sides

Don't home teams keep their own gate? If so I can't see why the size of support at away games would have the slightest influence on a club's preference on travelling a long distance to play in front of 300 or the proverbial 1 man plus canine. And some of the journeys down to Ayrshire would be a damn sight longer than a trip to Carnoustie for pretty much every team in Fife surely?

Don't home teams keep their own gate? If so I can't see why the size of support at away games would have the slightest influence on a club's preference on travelling a long distance to play in front of 300 or the proverbial 1 man plus canine. And some of the journeys down to Ayrshire would be a damn sight longer than a trip to Carnoustie for pretty much every team in Fife surely?

Because the reverse fixture would bring a minimal away support to the game.

I'll assume that Lithgae and Bo'ness are the other two teams - didnt know the Mariners were one of the prime movers for a combined league.

i personally like playing in the south league as every game is a tough game and i like going to new grounds but our furthest trip is an hour away , the fife league was good but everyone knew each other and the one up was rubbish but i can see why teams would want to revert back to it, teams need to cut there cloth accordingly and if that means getting young boys in that play for nothing to try and better themselves then so be it, we struggled last season at times because the young boys were learning and hopefully after a season at junior they have learned , sometimes a long term view is better than a short term fix.

Archived