Hibs - Transfers - 2014/2015

Craig was average for Fenlon at LM before butcher moved him into the middle, not really his fault. Robertson was our best midfielder before he was injured but I'm sure Hearts Daft knows better than me on things about Hibs.

Rankin was shite for us, can't disagree with that.

Stewart actually had some very good games for Hibs.

Robertson had a purple patch. He's been shite outwith. I seem to remember .net calling for his head in the last close season a mere few months after his arrival.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a club I think we should always be aiming to be in the top 6. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me thinking or saying that. That does not mean I think we're entitled to be in the top 6.

Now away and have a lie doon.

Aye, that's why your support gets all pissy and calls for Petrie/The manager's head every time they don't achieve it.

Your club is a running joke yet every close season/new manager your support makes grandiose statements of how you're going to be so much better than you were before only to get worse and worse. Yet you still do it. There are fans on .net claiming Hibs will "Stroll the championship" and that every singke signing Hearts and Rangers have made "wouldn't excite them at Hibs".

A bigger shower of deluded cretins the Royal Ed would be hard pushed to churn out.

All fans are deluded with ideas not befitting their clubs stature. Christ, we saw ourselves as the only challenge to Celtic and Rangers. Reality was we split them in 05/06 and got close in 97/98. Nothing outwith that in the modern era.

Hibs fans though are amongst the most severely deluded purely because of their support size they feel they're entitled to be up and around the top 3.

Robertson had a purple patch. He's been shite outwith. I seem to remember .net calling for his head in the last close season a mere few months after his arrival.

cut.gif

I'm pretty sure if I could be arsed I could go back and find the merry band of P&B Hibs cretins doing it as well.

Stop trying to pretend you have anything better to do with your time.

Hibs.net, P&B, Kickback repeat for you, champ.

That's usually how it works with football fans. Hibernian fans seem to think they're of another mould where they see everything in football objectively when the reality is they've consistently been one of the most deluded supports in Scottish football with a sense of entitlement that hasn't been lived up to since about the seventies outwith a brief spell. The club that talks about top six as if they are a top six Prem club when in reality their average placing is bottom 6 with ventures into the top six being the peak of Hibs teams and very rarely they'll reach 3rd. Even through all of that Hibs fans seem to think they're rightfully challengers for European places.

Football fans are fickle and have ideas above their clubs station. Hibs aren't any different from all other football fans.

Is that how it works with football fans aye? That translates me to me as "I'm biased as f**k about everything and I know it fine well", which subsequently translates as "nothing I say should be taken remotely seriously because even I don't believe it. Let's just nip through your post and show it up for the pish that it is shall we?

1) Hibby's talking about top six like they're a top six side. Wut? Clearly Hibs fans think it's not unreasonable to expect top six football because we're one of the six biggest clubs in the country and have one of the six biggest budgets. Therefore doing worse than that constitutes underachievement, something our fans don't want to keep happening. Are you saying we should be happy with any bottom six SPL finishes we might have in the future because it's happened a lot recently, or are you just saying top six isn't possible for a club like Hibs? The attitude you want us to adopt sounds a "wee team menalitee!111", but then we have that already don't we?

2) Hibs usually finish in the bottom 6. The overall table has us in fifth, and since the SPL was introduced we've been in the top six more often than not. Gutted for you.

3) Hibs fans think they're rightful European challengers. Mind what Hibs fan you often hear saying that? Nae c**t. There's a difference between thinking something is a possibility if you have a good season and thinking you're entitled to it, but then again you admit freely to being totally biased so you probably knew that already.

4) "Football fans are fickle and have ideas above their clubs station. Hibs aren't any different from all other football fans". But you just said Hibs fans are the most deluded fans out there. Are we the same as everyone else or not? Make your mind up.

All in all a bit of a shocker for you. Better luck next time, champ.

Looks like I've been beaten to it on a lot of those points. I guess this forum gets busier during the weeks where we're arrogant and have a sense of entitlement, compared to the ones where we're slowly killing our own club by having no ambition and feeling entitled to nothing. :(

Is that how it works with football fans aye? That translates me to me as "I'm biased as f**k about everything and I know it fine well", which subsequently translates as "nothing I say should be taken remotely seriously because even I don't believe it. Let's just nip through your post and show it up for the pish that it is shall we?

1) Hibby's talking about top six like they're a top six side. Wut? Clearly Hibs fans think it's not unreasonable to expect top six football because we're one of the six biggest clubs in the country and have one of the six biggest budgets. Therefore doing worse than that constitutes underachievement, something our fans don't want to keep happening. Are you saying we should be happy with any bottom six SPL finishes we might have in the future because it's happened a lot recently, or are you just saying top six isn't possible for a club like Hibs? The attitude you want us to adopt sounds a "wee team menalitee!111", but then we have that already don't we?

2) Hibs usually finish in the bottom 6. The overall table has us in fifth, and since the SPL was introduced we've been in the top six more often than not. Gutted for you.

3) Hibs fans think they're rightful European challengers. Mind what Hibs fan you often hear saying that? Nae c**t. There's a difference between thinking something is a possibility if you have a good season and thinking you're entitled to it, but then again you admit freely to being totally biased so you probably knew that already.

4) "Football fans are fickle and have ideas above their clubs station. Hibs aren't any different from all other football fans". But you just said Hibs fans are the most deluded fans out there. Are we the same as everyone else or not? Make your mind up.

All in all a bit of a shocker for you. Better luck next time, champ.

Sit down, HD.

6th, 3rd, 10th, 7th, 8th, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 6th, 6th, 4th, 10th, 11th, 7th, 11th;

Average league placing: 6.8.

Shocker.

Made it above 6th place 4 times yet think you're on a par with clubs like Hearts :lol:

The most deluded club in Scotland.

Shocker.

Made it above 6th place 4 times yet think you're on a par with clubs like Hearts :lol:

Tbf the statements were overall league table and finished in top 6 more often that not since SPL started.

Replying to said post with the written out proof of the latter bit, a completely unrelated statistic to what he said and some shit about Hearts which nobody was talking about, has to go down as the response of someone utterly clamped.

It's an overused expression but you really have had an absolute shocker.

Shocker.

Jesus. Right, you'd think one clamping was enough but here we go again. :lol:

Any reason why you respond to my point about the average placing of Hibs since the SPL started by starting again from a different year?

Secondly, and this is hilarious on your part, you've started conveniently from a different year and still have Hibs in the top six more than the bottom six. As far as I'm aware Hibs have never finished 6.8th in the league, it's utterly desperate that you're resorting to using a different type of average to prove a point. Your list there shows eight top six places and seven bottom six ones, so whatever way you dress it up your original point about Hibs usually being in the bottom six is bullshit.

Thirdly, RE: "Made it above 6th place 4 times yet think you're on a par with clubs like Hearts :lol:". You've been called out as a shite spraffer on your top six point, so changed it to making it "above 6th place". Not quite as desperate as using a different type of average (which btw may go down alongside Paulo's weather comparison between 2006 and 2007) but up there. Nobody even compared us to Hearts here, you know you're really struggling when you make random statements like that.

Finally, RE us being "The most deluded club in Scotland". A lot of jambos say that, but believe it or not they don't all agree. Here's one I read previously who disagrees:

Football fans are fickle and have ideas above their clubs station. Hibs aren't any different from all other football fans.

Just sit the f**k down Hearts Daft. :lol:

Breaking news from West Edinburgh: Jamie MacDonald suddenly good again.

With all the goals they were going to put past him by putting high balls in to the box I'd say we've dodged a bullet.

If anyone was wondering, our mode average league finish since 2000 is sixth. That's me and Hearts Daft completed the set for you now.

Tbf the statements were overall league table and finished in top 6 more often that not since SPL started.Replying to said post with the written out proof of the latter bit, a completely unrelated statistic to what he said and some shit about Hearts which nobody was talking about, has to go down as the response of someone utterly clamped.It's an overused expression but you really have had an absolute shocker.

Except for the fact he is the one talking about the wrong stat. Sare.

Archived