Hibs - Transfers - 2014/2015

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I take responsibility for this too, but is this the most petty argument that's ever been on PnB? There's some big competition but I think it might be. Right, here we go again.

Aye, it's like sating the average crowds isn't the average because there were never that many people at a game.

For as big an arse as I've admittedly made of it, he seems to think he's winning on the basis of his utterly horrific maths and his essay of a post where he made an arse of about 3 of his 4 points then went on to count from 1992 for Hibs' SPL placings.

I wasn't saying the actual maths was wrong, I said a position of 6.8 wasn't a reflection of which side of the table we're usually on. Your point was that we have a cheek to talk about top six football when we're usually not in it. This has been shown up as wrong, hence why you started deflecting like f**k by bumping it up to "higher than sixth" and other such nonsense.

That last point, LOL. I only made an arse of one of those points and that's the one you mentionn beside it. Good to see you admitting you were talking shite though.

I really don't care about if you average top or bottom six but if that maths is correct (which I haven't checked as I can't be arsed) then you have average a 6.8th finish in the top flight. I don't see what's so farfetched or funny about this.

Edit:
Team A finishes 1st and 3rd over two years. Their average of those years is 2nd place. This can't be their average though as they never finished in that position?

It's funny because it's being used by someone as evidence of a club being a bottom six club. To use your analogy, it'd be like saying that club are deluded for aiming for first place when they average second. An utterly hideous argument.

Anyway, I'll let Hearts Daft repeat himself again if he wants, but

THIS

ENDS

NOW.

I never backtracked on anything. Merely pointed out that when you do make top six you usually sneak into it in 6th place.

It is of course true that Hibernian have finished inside the top 6 9 times and outside it 6. That wasn't the point I made. I said average.

Oh, and by the way. Hibernian are 7th in the overall table for the SPL.

Infact, including last season you're 8th.

Thanks again for playing.

LOL WUT. That makes even less sense. Are you trolling now? Or just thick.

It makes perfect sense. Have you actually read the thread?

Was it no a hand? haha

Strong username btw.

I never backtracked on anything. Merely pointed out that when you do make top six you usually sneak into it in 6th place.

It is of course true that Hibernian have finished inside the top 6 9 times and outside it 6. That wasn't the point I made. I said average.

Oh, and by the way. Hibernian are 7th in the overall table for the SPL.

Infact, including last season your 8th.

Thanks again for playing.

This really is the last from me this time.

Your point was that we're deluded, and you mention us talking about the top six as evidence of that. The fact that (as you say yourself) we spend more time in the top six than out of it is the only stat that matters in disproving that argument.

Average finishes to a decimal point, where we finish when we're in the top six, all time SPL tables (which has only come up now), all not relevant to the original point.

Lots of Love,

Rory. xx

Hibs have never sneaked into 6th place. Ever. Every season we have made top six it's comfortably.

Perhaps we ended up 6th due to us being shite finishers to the season.

Just sayin'

Like the last time you finished sixth with less points than 7th. Finishing 1 point ahead of Motherwell before the split.

This really is the last from me this time.

Your point was that we're deluded, and you mention us talking about the top six as evidence of that. The fact that (as you say yourself) we spend more time in the top six than out of it is the only stat that matters in disproving that argument.

Average finishes to a decimal point, where we finish when we're in the top six, all time SPL tables (which has only come up now), all not relevant to the original point.

Lots of Love,

Rory. xx

Entirely relevant to the original point considering it is the original point that I made.

Of course, the overall table doesn't count anymore as it's yet another howling arse you've made of a point.

Stick in, champ.

A) "Fancy us to win the league this year"

B) "No chance"

A) "Why not?"

B) "We're not a league winning team. Our average finish is *number larger than 1*"

Every football club on earth.

especially hibs tho

Archived