Hibs - Transfers - 2014/2015

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not kid ourselves MUCH better than anything hearts have to offer.

Simmer. I doubt you've seen much of him and I doubt you've seen anything of Hearts' new signings.

I think we've signed intelligently and I'm happy with our squad. I do think Allan could be a difference maker in one-off games, though. Good thing we definitely won't be involved in any play-offs with Hibs or anything...

Did Gers even offer him anything?

Did they think he should just sit there and wait on the worlds greatest team to offer him a deal?

No.

Rangers completed their signings before they left for the North American tour. I'm guessing Allan assumed a deal wasn't going to happen or Rangers told him no contract would be offered.

Best of luck to him at Hibs.

Tell us, how many of Scotts 40 games in 4 years have people actually seen? I'd say their young lad Stanton is a better player in what I've saw of both.

Enough to know he has ability. He was a regular for Scotland U21s so that's where I saw most of him. Stanton is alright but he isn't a player that I'd be particularly worried about playing against. Perhaps he's gone backwards in the couple of years since I last saw him but my gut feeling is that it's a good signing.

Enough to know he has ability. He was a regular for Scotland U21s so that's where I saw most of him. Stanton is alright but he isn't a player that I'd be particularly worried about playing against. Perhaps he's gone backwards in the couple of years since I last saw him but my gut feeling is that it's a good signing.

Stanton was Hibs' best player in nearly every derby last season when I saw him. The laddie is a good prospect for Hibs.

Scott Allan on the other hand strung 3 or 4 very good performances together for Dundee United and got big headed and ended up floating about the lower leagues in England never to make an appearance for WBA before ending up back up the road within 2 years in the lower leagues in Scotland.

Stanton was Hibs' best player in nearly every derby last season when I saw him. The laddie is a good prospect for Hibs.

Scott Allan on the other hand strung 3 or 4 very good performances together for Dundee United and got big headed and ended up floating about the lower leagues in England never to make an appearance for WBA before ending up back up the road within 2 years in the lower leagues in Scotland.

Hibs' best player in every derby? Not saying much.

Allan's ability was backed up by the fact he was poached by an EPL team early and was a regular for Scotland U21s. I don't think there's been similar interest in Stanton and he's only had one cap for the U21s. Slagging him for playing for Championship/League One teams would be a bit hypocritical when we're getting excited about guys who've played in the Moldovan league and Dutch lower leagues. We are playing in the Scottish second tier, remember.

Hibs' best player in every derby? Not saying much.

Allan's ability was backed up by the fact he was poached by an EPL team early and was a regular for Scotland U21s. I don't think there's been similar interest in Stanton and he's only had one cap for the U21s. Slagging him for playing for Championship/League One teams would be a bit hypocritical when we're getting excited about guys who've played in the Moldovan league and Dutch lower leagues. We are playing in the Scottish second tier, remember.

I'm not slagging him for anything. Backed up by the fact he was snatched up by an EPL team early? Danny Galbraith and David Gray really made a go of their careers after signing for the biggest club in that league early.

Allans 23, had under 50 games at senior level and has been criticised for his attitude in Scotland and England. Hibs fans coming away with crackers like "better than anything Hearts have to offer" and other fans making out they know just how good he is is laughable.

He may be a great signing for Hibs or then again, he could be another in a long line of utter flops who lived off of a purple patch in their youth.

I'm not slagging him for anything. Backed up by the fact he was snatched up by an EPL team early? Danny Galbraith and David Gray really made a go of their careers after signing for the biggest club in that league early.

Allans 23, had under 50 games at senior level and has been criticised for his attitude in Scotland and England. Hibs fans coming away with crackers like "better than anything Hearts have to offer" and other fans making out they know just how good he is is laughable.

He may be a great signing for Hibs or then again, he could be another in a long line of utter flops who lived off of a purple patch in their youth.

Weren't Galbraith and Gray about 5 when Man United signed them? They certainly weren't anywhere close to fully developed players.

Griffiths did bugger all in England and there were question marks over his attitude but he was a brilliant player for them. Allan hasn't shown he's got goals in his game so far so he probably won't have as big an effect as Griffiths but my gut feeling is that he could be a very good signing.

I honestly think Stanton will be the Hibs player to watch next season, he stood out like a sore thumb in a honking team that was playing hoofball last season. Not to his strengths at all, it's obvious his game is all about playing actual football not the ball flying over his head for 90mins.

Hopefully adding players like Allan will bring out the best in Stanton, Harris and Beanzy.

Saying that, we're still very short on having a team to compete at the top end of the table.

Let's see who else he brings in.

Hearts fans pretending they wouldn't be creaming themselves if he signed for them whilst declaring themselves delighted at a striker we turned down, a Hamilton player and two players released off Dundee Utd and Partick. Dear oh dear.

Archived