Tiber sack management team

Signed a centre-half (Billy Mason?) Keir Knapp and Joe Gold (I think) from Hurlford. Maybe more but not 100% sure. Was hearing at the weekend they have just signed a new keeper and he is receiving fairly substantial "expense" payments. Thats the rumours anyway. No shame getting beat from Shortlees, they should go quite far in the nationals this year.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem lies in a poor attitude and lack of commitment from some players, I live local to Tiber and go over if killie aren't at home, some of boys shouldn't be playing premier league. Heard some sad news last week about their striker King who is suffering from cancer, hope the big guy has a full recovery!

Problem lies in a poor attitude and lack of commitment from some players, I live local to Tiber and go over if killie aren't at home, some of boys shouldn't be playing premier league. Heard some sad news last week about their striker King who is suffering from cancer, hope the big guy has a full recovery!

Holy f**k, that's terrible, first I've heard of it. Really hoping the big man pulls through it. Great player, great guy.

Signed a centre-half (Billy Mason?) Keir Knapp and Joe Gold (I think) from Hurlford. Maybe more but not 100% sure. Was hearing at the weekend they have just signed a new keeper and he is receiving fairly substantial "expense" payments. Thats the rumours anyway. No shame getting beat from Shortlees, they should go quite far in the nationals this year.

Ha this comment made me laugh. "Substantial expense payments." The goalie comes from Bellfield, so where is the expenses? He did borrow some money though, and took two weeks too pay it back. Does that count lol.

• 3 months later...

certainly an amateur team that is a well known name.they are still a bit away from a credible league challenge.certainly will do much better than last years near relegation. tiber have only played 9 games the same as hurlford and the only team with less is clark drive. So i doubt with so many games left, they will be where they are currently sitting.

I watched them yesterday for the first time in a while and was disapointed at the lack of discipline in the Tiber team...

Too many players suspended standing on the sidelines and the behaviour on the park wasn,t very good...

The referee didn,t help much as he denied Tiber 3 penalties...

Problem is too many daft young boys in the team thinking they've made it in amateur football because Tiber are such a well known team, problem is that their attitudes are going to cause Tiber's downfall. If you look at all the great Tiber teams over the years they've always had an older experienced head on the park and that's what is lacking now.

• 4 weeks later...

Problem is too many daft young boys in the team thinking they've made it in amateur football because Tiber are such a well known team, problem is that their attitudes are going to cause Tiber's downfall. If you look at all the great Tiber teams over the years they've always had an older experienced head on the park and that's what is lacking now.

Absolutely spot on

,,,,,and a decent manager. Looks like the first division next season and then what? If the manager cant attract decent players to a premier club with a decent set up , what chance does he have in the first division. Bit of deja vu here with what happened at Vesuvius Newmikns.

What is your issue with the guy Keirney? I'm not having a go at you mate just curious because you seem to be on his case a lot. I don't know the guy, only saw him briefly when he was at Darvel then Girvan.

Anyway hope Tiber can turn it round. They used to be the team to beat when I was growing up. Are they still well backed?

• 2 weeks later...

I dont like him. He has no integrity and has never played football. Started by running youth teams and talked his way into the Vesuvius job only to destroy them. He has caused real damage everywhere he has gone and I hate to see what he is doing to the tiber who are arguably still the amateur club in ayrshire with the biggest potential, but for how long. Very difficult to halt a slide.

Not sure you can judge the guys ability as a Manager on whether he has played the game or not. That's old school thinking.

I think he will keep Tiber up and I for one hope that he does. Great club and I had some good times there.

I have judged the guys ability on his record which is truly awful. He destroyed Newmilns, got hunted from darvel Vics, spent a short period as the warmer upper at Hurlford United before getting a chance at darvel Juniors where his record was pathetic and then he single handedly destroyed Girvan and they hunted him and still haven't recovered. He knows less than nothing about the game and wouldn't know a player if he saw one. His training is boys club standard and no-one has any respect for him.I played for Tiber and newmilns and can't believe he's still in a job. Guaranteed to get Tiber relegated and sadly they may not recover. P.S. Nothing wrong with old school thinking- ask tucker sloan !

Fair enough, if you have played under him then you know the guy and his ways of working a lot better than I do. I'm assuming you were already at these clubs when he took over.

My point is that you don't need to have played to be a decent Manager. Bexy at Galston never played fitba and they were one of the best amateur teams in Ayrshire for years. It's about being able to attract players at the end of the day and if you cannae do that then you're not going to get very far. Thesedays, there ain't too many players kicking about to attract either!

Anyway it looks like the Tiber will be staying up this season so well done.

• 2 weeks later...

its always tough to get a team for a midweek fixture due to players commitments to work etc. I think playing a final midweek like that is pretty poor from the league to be honest knowing full well that this is an amateur cup and not every team will be at a full strength. I am not making an excuse for the management i know a few of the players and some of them are fit boys and they are struggling working every day and playing 3 times a week. tiber are an established side and a big name in ayrshire amateur footy i certainly hope they dont go down.

Watched the final tonight and no disrespect to Ardrosan C R but that must be the worst display by any Tiber team I have ever seen. Feel for some of the players who looked as if they were unfit and had never played together before .Heard the manager has been phoning round clubs he has no connection with and after introducing himself, asking if they have any players he can use till the end of the season.

Don't really see this being true as players cannot be signed or released after 31st March and would be ineligible to play as trialist in cup final, not saying what you've heard is inaccurate, just saying that maybe someone is stirring the pot a wee bit here.

Archived