Ladeside 14/15

KLadeside

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I think the management team have put together an excellent squad, a team full of quality and experience.

My opinion is that if we can just have start games that little bit faster and play with the same tempo as we do in second half of matches we will win something this year and at worst finish too 5 in the league!

I also think if we won this ardagh cup that will create a winning mentality and give the team the desire to kick on and win more!

Hurlford bombed us fae the first second and we couldnae cope,even when we got back in with the pen,they just went up and scored again.They were too strong,a shot fae Meechan and another well taken pen fae Malone and that was it,we created zilch.Playing Diack up top himself is no good imo gives the oppo the initiative and relying on Borris and Craig to track back is pure hope.Always a difficult ask to get a result at Blair Pk but we did ourselves no favours,better team won,no compaints.

Better second half. Maybe Hurlford were holding their lead, but it was more like an even contest.

Not sure if Wilson was injured or not. Bit harsh to take him off then change to 4-4-2, which gives the full backs cover.

We've got away with the bomb scare that is 4-3-3, for most of pre-season. Winning games when we went 4-4-2. Yet we turn up the next game and its 4-3-3.

I really like the quality of most of the players this management team have brought to the Vale. But they seem to have tunnel vision about 4-3-3. Its murder to watch and getting us no where very fast.

I think we changed formation or personnel at least 6 times during that game, we bring on a player and 3 players move to accommodate. Keeper was getting abuse for kicking it long, but at no time were the fullback or anyone looking for it short. Too much long ball today, its not our style.

Billy Gibson was amazing today. Guys just class, never looks flustered or in a rush. Joy to watch.

Bigger games coming thick and fast now, hopefully lessons learned today.

COTB

Hurlford bombed us fae the first second and we couldnae cope,even when we got back in with the pen,they just went up and scored again.They were too strong,a shot fae Meechan and another well taken pen fae Malone and that was it,we created zilch.Playing Diack up top himself is no good imo gives the oppo the initiative and relying on Borris and Craig to track back is pure hope.Always a difficult ask to get a result at Blair Pk but we did ourselves no favours,better team won,no compaints.

Thought yir number 7 meechan (taz) was Kilbirnies best player, and clash where you standing in the hurlford side?

Better second half. Maybe Hurlford were holding their lead, but it was more like an even contest.

Not sure if Wilson was injured or not. Bit harsh to take him off then change to 4-4-2, which gives the full backs cover.

We've got away with the bomb scare that is 4-3-3, for most of pre-season. Winning games when we went 4-4-2. Yet we turn up the next game and its 4-3-3.

I really like the quality of most of the players this management team have brought to the Vale. But they seem to have tunnel vision about 4-3-3. Its murder to watch and getting us no where very fast.

I think we changed formation or personnel at least 6 times during that game, we bring on a player and 3 players move to accommodate. Keeper was getting abuse for kicking it long, but at no time were the fullback or anyone looking for it short. Too much long ball today, its not our style.

Billy Gibson was amazing today. Guys just class, never looks flustered or in a rush. Joy to watch.

Bigger games coming thick and fast now, hopefully lessons learned today.

COTB

A don't class that as 4-3-3,its Diack up top and try to get support up...which we don't very often.Neither Borris or Craig want to go wide,it's inside all the time...it just becomes a 5 man midfield.

Aye a was mate.Why was a no meant to be ?...a like to be different :).

Thought McGregor was outstanding and Roscoe is the worst diver ever seen haha

My mistake with the player, and me and some off the lads where talking to a few Kilbirnie fans was just wondering if that was you. And mcgregor was solid at the back for us today. And Yeh rosco dive was funny ha.

Enjoyed today's game but not the scoreline too loose a goal so early meant it was an uphill task

When hurlford scored again you knew this wasn't going to be our day.

However a penalty after foul in box & were back in with a shout at 2#1 tried hard but not good enough,

Stonewall penalty when Hurlford player handled in box linesman turned a blind eye & cost us the game

Hurlford manager should take refeering course as he was in charge 2nd half & making most of the decision s

Stronger ref would have given him red card ...

Think we will bounce back but defence gave away cheap goals & when wee Chris Craig comes back to help out defence you know your in trouble .

Credit to Hurlford for taking their chances but not really that much between the teams.

We canny go 442 either tho because neither Craig or Borris will get involved defensively.

Bennett would ideal to stick on left Mid as he would work hard defensively but for some reason were trying to offload the only natural left winger we have (as Malone is preferred at cb).

Anyway...next game 3 points!

Bennett never really impressed me.We are well covered both left and right but have to find a system that suits and stick with it,too many changes.Hurlford won game in first 20,we couldnae cope with the pressure they put us under.Have to learn to defend first and fanny about later after the game.Like a said all along,Ardagh Cup is a different baw game to the league...total effort,total concentration needed to win real games.

We canny go 442 either tho because neither Craig or Borris will get involved defensively.

Bennett would ideal to stick on left Mid as he would work hard defensively but for some reason were trying to offload the only natural left winger we have (as Malone is preferred at cb).

Anyway...next game 3 points!

I want to see Bugsy on the left and Borris on the right, any 2 from Criag, Diak and Boyd up top.

Archived