Kelty Hearts 2014/2015

kefc

Good fought contest today in front of a healthy crowd (I'd say around 600), still hurting from our 1st defeat and exit from the Scottish but the boys can be proud of their start to the season with their amazing 16 game unbeaten run.

The 1st goal was always going to be a massive factor in the game and Bo'ness got that, Bo'ness probably had a bit more legs and kept the ball better at times on the day so possibly just deserved to win Imo.

The gaffer Tam Courts, big Roger and Shaun Greig were our best performers in a game which could have went either way, Nelly McCabe hit the post in the 1st half if that had went in it could have been a different outcome.

Blackburn at home in the EOS Cup next week, let's hope we can go on another wee run and keep our place at the top of the table.

All the best to Bo'ness next week and in the Junior Cup.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goal credited to Lawrie.

Thanks to all Kelty officials for their assistance today. Always a helpful club and hopefully they continue to progress and stay at the top of the league.

Thanks for the good words Tynie. Better team won on the day, and all the best for the "big". Scottish next week. Got to say how disgusted I am at Will Snowdon tho, spitting at a fellow player is lower than a snakes bawbag. There is no place for that at any level of football and he is a disgrace to your club.

Good fought contest today in front of a healthy crowd (I'd say around 600), still hurting from our 1st defeat and exit from the Scottish but the boys can be proud of their start to the season with their amazing 16 game unbeaten run.

The 1st goal was always going to be a massive factor in the game and Bo'ness got that, Bo'ness probably had a bit more legs and kept the ball better at times on the day so possibly just deserved to win Imo.

The gaffer Tam Courts, big Roger and Shaun Greig were our best performers in a game which could have went either way, Nelly McCabe hit the post in the 1st half if that had went in it could have been a different outcome.

Blackburn at home in the EOS Cup next week, let's hope we can go on another wee run and keep our place at the top of the table.

All the best to Bo'ness next week and in the Junior Cup.

Being out the scottish will help yous in the league and yer sausage rolls are magic all the best for the rest off the season

Thanks for the good words Tynie. Better team won on the day, and all the best for the "big". Scottish next week. Got to say how disgusted I am at Will Snowdon tho, spitting at a fellow player is lower than a snakes bawbag. There is no place for that at any level of football and he is a disgrace to your club

Is that the official line for the sending off, or did you hear it from a Kelty player ?

Please dont cast comments until you know officially that was the reason he was sent off. I think you might be coming back on here with an apology

I'm still unconvinced. Will is not the kind of player to intentionally spit on another player.

According to the rules spitting on an opponent is a straight Red. Preventing a goal scoring opportunity by any player is a straight Red.

We can't confirm the Will Snowdon incident other than he got a second yellow but we can the second as we got a penalty.

Thanks for the good words Tynie. Better team won on the day, and all the best for the "big". Scottish next week. Got to say how disgusted I am at Will Snowdon tho, spitting at a fellow player is lower than a snakes bawbag. There is no place for that at any level of football and he is a disgrace to your club.

snowdon spat on no one was 20 feet away behind goal

Believe me Snowden spat on the player but the ref never seen it, il have the highlights up by tomorrow and you can see Cargills reaction and Snowdon looking guilty as sin.

He is a disgrace to your club and not for the 1st time.

Believe me Snowden spat on the player but the ref never seen it, il have the highlights up by tomorrow and you can see Cargills reaction and Snowdon looking guilty as sin.

Absolute crap ! So your saying your highlights show that Will clearly spat on the player!?

I could not comment on any alleged spitting incident as I didn`t see what happened as I had walked down to the gate corner at that time and my view was limited as most of the Kelty fans were in front of me .

All the Kelty fans there that claimed to see the incident were saying Snowden had to go as he had raised his hands ?

Did they see any incident or do they just invent things when they don't see anything .

Scottish Cup 3rd round Hearts welcomed reigning Superleague Champions Bo`ness Utd to Central Park.

A good crowd in the region of 600 were in attendance though strangely quiet for long periods of the match.

Kelty were dealt a cruel blow just before kick-off with Mark Morrison failing a late fitness test.

It was obvious the two sides had done their homework on one another as both were set up not to lose, perhaps looking to pinch one on the break or cash in at a set piece, this resulted in a low tempo affair, something that has not gone well with us this season.

Kelty`s game plan required Stuart Cargill & Sean Grady to work the Bo`ness back four, a difficult task when most of the balls played into them were high in the air against big bruising central defenders, they tried valiantly, both sacrificing themselves for the team plan, being bereft of midfield support on many occasions & becoming a wee bit isolated as a result.

Action wise Bo`ness went close through Pittman & Gribben early doors then had a penalty claim turned down near the break, at the other end Nelly McCabe hit the woodwork for Kelty as both defences remained intact in keenly contested first half.

HT 0-0

It was much the same in the second period with the usually naturally flowing Kelty Hearts side sticking to the game plan with not many chances presenting as the workers in both sides continued to nullify one another.

Again the tactics seemed to coincide as substitutions were made by both teams near the business end in an attempt to exploit space as the game became more stretched, the game had 0-0 written all over it until around 18 mins to go when Kelty were caught out by a break, Kyle Allison made a good save from Anderson the ball breaking to Pittman who`s fleet footed sidestep resulted in the Kelty keeper bringing him down for a penalty.

In a game where first dibs was going to be crucial, Snowden put away the Penalty, 1-0 Utd.

The away side seemed to take great heart from this as their confidence grew & their support became ever more vocal.

Bo`ness made it 2-0 after a decent move found Pittman `unmarked` in the box scoring from a shot that went agonisingly just under Kyle Allison`s finger tips, though he was left exposed.

Time running out fast, the game had an `inevitable` look to it now from a Hearts perspective though we had a strong penalty claim turned down when the Utd keeper brought down Stuart Cargill with a clumsy challenge in the box.

Bo` ness were reduced to 10 men late on after an incident was deliberated on long & hard by the ref & his assistant, Snowden the penalty scorer the culprit.

Scott Lawrie did well when coming on for a cameo role for a player who has been out for weeks scoring from a well hit free kick in injury time to make the final score Kelty Hearts 1 Boness Utd 2

I`ve been to every Kelty match played, pre-season included.

Stuart Cargill has been booted from pillar to post on occasion and taken all the rest of the shit that goes with playing up against big men continuously week to week, he is a striker that takes his licks and keeps coming back for more.

Whatever the refs report says about why Snowden was sent off ( hard to see a spit from the sidelines)

WE KNOW! Cargs widnae be reacting like that unless it was something disgusting.

I`ve been to every Kelty match played, pre-season included.

Stuart Cargill has been booted from pillar to post on occasion and taken all the rest of the shit that goes with playing up against big men continuously week to week, he is a striker that takes his licks and keeps coming back for more.

Whatever the refs report says about why Snowden was sent off ( hard to see a spit from the sidelines)

WE KNOW! Cargs widnae be reacting like that unless it was something disgusting.

So why did he spend the 10mins prior to the incident backing in to Snowden with elbows to ribs etc, is this his normal style against big men or was he just trying to get a reaction?

Heard today that Boness asked the ref after the game the reason for the sending off while the ref didn t see it the linesman has said he seen the full incident Cargill was backing into him elbowed him in the ribs Will was pulling his shirt so will lashed out and kicked him there was no Spit towards him My personal is why would will do that when theres a min to go and his team going through to the nxt round and the man of the moment Cargill hasn t had a kick all day and is frustrated

Heard today that Boness asked the ref after the game the reason for the sending off while the ref didn t see it the linesman has said he seen the full incident Cargill was backing into him elbowed him in the ribs Will was pulling his shirt so will lashed out and kicked him there was no Spit towards him My personal is why would will do that when theres a min to go and his team going through to the nxt round and the man of the moment Cargill hasn t had a kick all day and is frustrated

Back to you then big shot, why would Cargill or anyone make up he had been spat on ??????

Surely no sane person would make something like that up against a fellow player ????

Iv never seen Cargi like that in his 3 years at the club, just accept it Snowden spat on Cargill.

Back to you then big shot, why would Cargill or anyone make up he had been spat on ??????

Surely no sane person would make something like that up against a fellow player ????

Iv never seen Cargi like that in his 3 years at the club, just accept it Snowden spat on Cargill.

I saw Cargill backing in and elbowing Snowden at least 4 times in 10 minute spell, I never saw anyone spitting and it seems nobody else did, I think more likely dirty tricks from Cargill trying to get a player sent off when his team were down and out!

Pish. Players spit all the time during a game. If Will spat it certainly wasn't intentionally at another player. And as for the earlier post about Will being a disgrace to our club - The same could be said of the entire Kelty team who reacted like a bunch of seething neanderthals at said incident. 5 or 6 players trying to confront one individual. Real tough guys.

let me guess who one of those players was.conrad ?

I saw Cargill backing in and elbowing Snowden at least 4 times in 10 minute spell, I never saw anyone spitting and it seems nobody else did, I think more likely dirty tricks from Cargill trying to get a player sent off when his team were down and out!

Surprising the linesman who saw everything at the main incident missed Cargs brutalising a Bo`ness defender at least 4 times in 10 minutes.

Pish. Players spit all the time during a game. If Will spat it certainly wasn't intentionally at another player. And as for the earlier post about Will being a disgrace to our club - The same could be said of the entire Kelty team who reacted like a bunch of seething neanderthals at said incident. 5 or 6 players trying to confront one individual. Real tough guys.

With respect 8mileBU the Kelty players came out of the match a wee bit better than you guys in disciplinary terms.

Archived