Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

We must hold some kind of record re seeing septic sack a manager after a defeat to us.

Who do septic play next?

It would be funny if it were to happen again.

Not saying we'll win, that'd be presumptuous, but if we did...

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Deila's tenure panning out much the same as Terry Butchers at Hibs. Had a great thing going with a smaller club, takes up the risky offer of moving to a bigger club where he is expected to have instant success and gets found out pretty quickly. I would not be surprised to see him sacked by Christmas with Celtic struggling to even make much of an impact in the league!

2nd goal is a great touch into the middle.

Went as a neutral. Oh dear how bad are celtic. Was expecting to see at least a great effort to get some goals back.

Deila too negative. 1 upfront an no width except fullbacks. Young 12 mcgregor? only player with a spark. Commons an stokes had stinkers. Middle of the park showed nothing.

Scittish football slowly continues to deteriorate.

Scottish football needs a strong Neil Lennon.

In all seriousness, that was dreadful. I'm not daft enough to put blame at the new managers door. The players have a lot to answer for. That was lacklustre and embarrassing.

Any Celtic fan who was expecting us to do any giant killing at the group stages this year must be kidding themselves.

Willing to give the guy time to set out his stall and make his own mark on this team will take time, time we can afford. People saying our league is already over at the stage is completely laughable.

^^^ Tearstained post.

I don't understand all those Scottish Celtic fans who sound like they are a big club who should beat sides like Legia in each game, and easily at that. The truth is Scotland and Celtic have no decent footballers of their own, and the only chance for them to see Champions League football is by buying foreign players (the last two qualifications to CL were abnormalities). However, since the SPL holds no attraction for decent foreign talent, they end up buying third and fourth rate players who put together with miserable products of Scottish football produce such a bad football as they exhibited against Legia. Polish football is almost as bad as Scottish yet Polish players exhibit higher technical skills and more flair, whereas the Scots tend to have low technical skills, instead relying on automatic schemes of their game which kills any creativity and improvisation. Poland has not much money in their Ekstraklasa, and the creative and technical players like Lewandowski, Blaszczykowski, Piszczek, Milik, Wolski, Zielinski, Klich, or Sobota leave early for Germany, Italy, Holland or Belgium, the places where grass is greener. Yet I have no doubt, that Polish Ekstraklasa is now much better a league than SPL and it is on the rise with each season. Except for one or two clubs, each side of 16 team Ekstraklasa has a new stadium (finished or undergoing complete renovations), the attendances are rising, and the pool of money slowly but steadily is increasing. And by the way, Legia were happy when they found out they have to play Celtic as in Poland Celtic was considered a team much weaker than Bate Borisov, Dinamo Zagreb, Red Bull Salzburg, Steaua Bucarest or Ludogorets. So, dear Scots, embrace your station in football life as the Poles accepted their own, even though they have much better footballers than you have in those simple-automatons bred in your highlands. Enjoy Europa League...if you get there. And don't sound so entitled to CL for you are not with the way you school your footballers, and with the third or fourth rate players you buy abroad.

Almost feel sorry for the new manager. Trying to implement a short passing game and to get players to press high up the park must be difficult when the players don't have a first touch, can't pass the ball, have poor positional awareness and next to no movement.

Scottish football needs a strong Neil Lennon.

In all seriousness, that was dreadful. I'm not daft enough to put blame at the new managers door. The players have a lot to answer for. That was lacklustre and embarrassing.

Any Celtic fan who was expecting us to do any giant killing at the group stages this year must be kidding themselves.

Willing to give the guy time to set out his stall and make his own mark on this team will take time, time we can afford. People saying our league is already over at the stage is completely laughable.

^^^ Tearstained post.

^^^Not to mention "rant".

But at least it's not "mewling whataboutery" or "word salad", although it could be construed as "scrambling for relevance".

For all the jokes made about Lennon .. he knew how to put some steel, bite into his team and get them to play to their capacity. After the away defeat that was frankly abysmal. The season is far from over but he needs sort this out asap and in January the board must let Ronnie have the players he needs to make it work.

Did you watch Lennon's side in the qualifiers last year? They were horrendous. Almost as bad as they were in the group stages.

Scittish football slowly continues to deteriorate.

Enough of this pish. Celtic does not equal Scottish Football. Both AFC and St Johnstone have had very good results against teams with far greater resources than themselves, and we also managed not to get Legia'd by a very tidy La Liga team. (Could change tonight right enough.. but we'll see).

If other teams continue to improve, and Celtic continue to deteriorate then its only good for Scottish Football. Bad for Celtic. of course, but nobody else.

Why ?

As soon as Neil walked and a new manager was sought I had always considered CL qualification as a bonus this year ... Happy to give Ronnie time to sort it out and get his own players in. There is no such thing as a sure thing but Celtic are most likely going to walk the league ... so next year will be his test.

A good run in the Europa comp will also help ...

It's early days for doom and gloom ... maybe a domestic treble even, given the state of you lot ,,,

Relegated and gloating ,,, now that's novel and fucking hilarious !!

At least the Jambos had an excuse with their admin points to contend with .. your mob were just shyte

You're obviously upset and playing the "I'm with the rest" card ... You'll notice I singled out a daft Hibernian fan whose team is so rank rotten they were pumped out of a league we strolled last season as being hilarious. The others (even Hearts) are fine but I just imagined Hibs fans could not be so stupid as to up a stone and join the rest, given their dismal performances .... obviously I was mistaken. Do keep trying to join the safety of the 'others' though petal. ;)

Yuup, he's upset :lol:

For all the jokes made about Lennon .. he knew how to put some steel, bite into his team and get them to play to their capacity. After the away defeat that was frankly abysmal. The season is far from over but he needs sort this out asap and in January the board must let Ronnie have the players he needs to make it work.

Agree with your comments regarding Lennon and the influence he had on the team. Also agree with some funds being made available for Ronny to bring in a few fresh faces.

Lennon was slated for not promoting our youths and his poor cup performances.

I was of the understanding Ronny was brought in to address this. Deep down I alway knew Europe this year would be a write-off, it's not his squad yet. Disappointed in the players more than anything.

As bad as last nights result/performance was, and believe me I'm fuming at the lack of awareness and fight from the team, a wee bit of perspective would suggest they'll be a few more banana skin slip-ups to come before we're firing on all cylinders.

Last night might have been bad ... but the 'relegation fuds' chiming in??... :blink: :blink:

Aye Barra .. guys with upcoming teams (like yourselves, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Ross County etc etc) who are actually playing football have every right to gloat, point and laugh ... even the Jambos have an excuse (admin) ... but cmoan when the Hibbees start it .. it's taking the biscuit ... :lol: :lol:

You aren't taking this well, at all.

Calm down it's just a wee laugh.

:lol:

I'd already written this year off in terms of European successes and I'm happy to give Ronnie a year to settle/get his act together. Qualification next year is a must though ... January sales will reveal a lot, along with the youth he develops and brings through to the 1st team.

Long season ahead and success in the domestic cups would be an added bonus ...

That said .... I'd expected better with the squad we have ... no desire or hunger on show .. just going through the motions and the defence was simply atrocious; however I am assuming he's capable of sorting out these deficiencies.

Yer team's shite, come new year if you are struggling in the league you'll be breaking in another shit manager.

Diddy clubs are rubbing their hands. There is not a,better chance to win the league than this season.

Lennon did that to you.

Ahh the smell of diddy optimism in the air ... how refreshing. I honestly hope you play as well as last season and give us a run for our money.

Time will tell .... but I suspect once Ronnie gets settled in ... normal service will resume.

The new Rangers fans slate us for lack of ambition, you lot slate us for too much.

Celtic have a crap team, you could smell the European diddy optimism oozing from them but normal service has been resumed.

SPFL Championship next year for us....that's where it's at....

Yaaaaassssss!!!!!

Cowdenbeath get promoted, Celtic get relegated. Alloa beat Kilmarnock in the play offs.

Everyone happy.

Yer team's shite, come new year if you are struggling in the league you'll be breaking in another shit manager.

Diddy clubs are rubbing their hands. There is not a better chance to win the league than this season.

Lennon did that to you.

As much as we'd all like to see that, it's not going to happen and you know that.

Archived