The Orange Order and the Independence Debate

jester

Sums this all up basically. Neds from rival schemes wind up in a park with copious quantities of alcohol being consumed and somebody could only be bottled in that scenario because of the Orange angle to it all. Aye right.

glasgow must be awash with invisible orange parades every friday and saturday night, only explanation to the violenece imo

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well you should know that govan is probably slightly in favour of the green mhob and that most strong rangers areas are a stones throw away from parkhead.

A rather unfortunate analogy, IMHO. :lol:

Stop trying to change the argument because you cannot support your claim.

I stated that a woman and her child were bottled on Glasgow Green during an Orange Order walk. You suggested this has nothing to do with the Orange Order yet have failed to provide a single shred of evidence to back this up. You have now moved this onto a random attack on anyone anywhere in Glasgow. Clearly you know you are wrong, cannot give any evidence to support your premise and are indulging in blatant whataboutery.

you were the one who brought the arguement up, i just proved how ludicrous it was . if you walked through glasgow green on a friday or sat night there is a good chance you could see another violent incident regardless of wether there was an orange parade on or not.

you were the one who brought the arguement up, i just proved how ludicrous it was

You have done nothing of the sort.

Now, I ask you once again, provide evidence of a mother and child being bottled on Glasgow Green when there wasn't an Orange Order walk on.

Unless you can do this, all other attempts to squirm out of your initial claim will be pointless.

so did avicci last year when he came to glasgow , should we ban him aswell ?

Does he march through the city causing disrupting in a desperate attempt for attention?

You have done nothing of the sort.

Now, I ask you once again, provide evidence of a mother and child being bottled on Glasgow Green when there wasn't an Orange Order walk on.

Unless you can do this, all other attempts to squirm out of your initial claim will be pointless.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-27355417

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/259221-woman-attacked-in-green-park-glasgow-green-as-she-walked-to-work/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/hunt-for-victims-after-syringe-attack-1247339.html

a few unprovoked attack which took place on glasgow green when there was not an orange walk on. you could stop now or carry on making a rir roaring arse of yourself here, i am not not bothered

Just randomly throwing in links in a desperate attempt to avoid the obvious isn't going to work.

The obvious is that you cannot find a single example of a woman and her child being bottled that didn't have the Orange Order in presence.

Just randomly throwing in links in a desperate attempt to avoid the obvious isn't going to work.

The obvious is that you cannot find a single example of a woman and her child being bottled that didn't have the Orange Order in presence.

oh you are going to keep making an arse of yourself,

i admire your "no surrender" attitude may i add ;)

:lol:

Let's just remind ourselves of the issue at hand:

I was on Glasgow Green the other day, no children and their mothers got bottled. Yet when the Orange Order decide to use it suddenly children and their mothers get bottled.

hmmmm wonder how many people have been bottled in glasgow on days there have been no orange walks either ?

Going by the evidence you have proven the short answer would be "none", as in there have been no women and children bottled on Glasgow Green when there have been no Orange Order walks.

I am sure you will continue to try and deflect though.

i have provided numeorus accounts of unprovoked attacks taking place in the area you were trying to make out as some beacon of peace and tranquilty untill the oranage order showed up, now you are desperately clinging on to any point you had by asking me to find an incident that mirrors the one that took place on Saturday. desperation at its fullest.

i have provided numeorus accounts

Yet absolutely none show women and children being bottled when an Orange Order walk is not on. Why would that be?

tbh I am just winding up casual bystander now :lol:

If by "winding up" you mean "avoiding providing evidence" the clearly that is what you are doing. You seemed to be quite certain that women with their children get bottled almost as a regular occurrence, yet with each request for proof of that you get further and further away from your initial claim.

CB is just getting a bit carried away!

I don't see how asking someone to validate their claims, then to point out that they are not doing so when they indulge in whataboutery, is in any way getting "carried away". If people are going to try and argue a point the base modicum would be that they have some evidence to support their case. Having none is just pissing in the wind. If anyone is getting "carried away" it is our friend here who despite numerous requests has failed to provide the proof he so adamantly claims to exist.

Yet absolutely none show women and children being bottled when an Orange Order walk is not on. Why would that be?

If by "winding up" you mean "avoiding providing evidence" the clearly that is what you are doing. You seemed to be quite certain that women with their children get bottled almost as a regular occurrence, yet with each request for proof of that you get further and further away from your initial claim.

I don't see how asking someone to validate their claims, then to point out that they are not doing so when they indulge in whataboutery, is in any way getting "carried away". If people are going to try and argue a point the base modicum would be that they have some evidence to support their case. Having none is just pissing in the wind. If anyone is getting "carried away" it is our friend here who despite numerous requests has failed to provide the proof he so adamantly claims to exist.

at no point did i say woman and child get bottled on a regualr occurance my arguement all along was people in glasgow are victims of unprovoked attacks regulalry regardless of wether there is an orange walk on or not. can you actually find a post where I stated something along the lines " woman and child are bottled regularly at Glasgow green and I will provide eveidence for this?"

cheers !

so what was your original point about the fact you were in glasgow green and saw no woman and child getting bottled? would it have been ok if you witnessed some granny being mugged, a teenager being jumped or woman being raped just so long as there wasnt an orange walk on ?

or are you just trying to desperatley to cling on to any point you have left to try and soften the blow of the tit you have made of yourself, the point you were clearly trying originally to make was that glasgow green was some sort of safe area where violence does not happen untill an orange walk comes through, once i blew that assumption to pieces you desperately clung on to the fact that you had not mentioned these type of attacks and only were worried about bottling incidents involving a mother and child. when a thick b*****d such as myself is proving you wrong, its time to call it a day mate.

.. wibble ..

Still trying to desperately wriggle out of it and I expect further backtracking attempts, what I don't expect is any attempt to post evidence.

.. the point you were clearly trying originally to make was that glasgow green was some sort of safe area where violence does not happen untill an orange walk comes through ..

Oh, dear, it's one thing to try and shift the goalposts of your argument, but don't try to move mine.

All the while the simple facts are there for all to see. The only time a woman and her child have been bottled, simply for being on Glasgow Green, has been during an Orange Order walk, and nothing you have posted has gone even an inch towards disproving that fact.

Still trying to desperately wriggle out of it and I expect further backtracking attempts, what I don't expect is any attempt to post evidence.

All the while the simple facts are there for all to see. The only time a woman and child have been bottled, simply for being on Glasgow Green, has been during an Orange Order walk.

Oh, dear, it's one thing to try and shift the goalposts of your argument, but don't try to move mine.

All the while the simple facts are there for all to see. The only time a woman and her child have been bottled, simply for being on Glasgow Green, has been during an Orange Order walk, and nothing you have posted has gone even an inch towards disproving that fact.

and i dont disagree with that fact , it may be the only incident where a mother and daughter has been attacked at Glasgow green but then again it may not . But we all know that wasnt the original point you were making.

Archived