East Stirlingshire v Ayr United

Well, plenty for Craig Tully to be concerned about and in truth I would be surprised if Mark Roberts would be looking at that Ayr team and think they'll have another Play Off pushing season. That's not a good Ayr side and I'll be stunned if they're not battling relegation this season.

There was not much between the sides in the opening half. Ayr probably had more of the ball but The Shire had the better chances, all be it from range. McGregor was unlucky to not to put us ahead but other than that both teams went into the break with things to think about it.

Ayr started the second half better and John Paul McGovern scored a superb effort, you always felt that it would take someone special to beat Bernard and it did, a real special effort. The Shire came back into it but being reduced to 10 men didn't help (no idea what happened there but McKenna had no complaints so he probably deserved to go) and then when the Ref has given a penalty against Connor Greene for nothing then it became crumbling time for The Shire.

How the Ref can blow when McGill (????) runs into Greene is beyond my, and surely if it was a foul then it was a goal scoring opportunity so he had to walk?? It's all by the by now but there is no doubt that decision had a big impact on the game. Shire were no worse than Ayr but were 2 goals and a player down.....game over!!!

Last week we lost 7-1 to Falkirk but I walked away with plenty of positives from the game, this week there are a few alarm bells ringing, the biggest one being who is going to grab the goals this season if McKenna doesn't score. I would also hazard a guess that the score line paints over the cracks that cause Ayr fans worry, there is no doubt that if Ayr had faced a good side today that there would have been a different out come.

Well, plenty for Craig Tully to be concerned about and in truth I would be surprised if Mark Roberts would be looking at that Ayr team and think they'll have another Play Off pushing season. That's not a good Ayr side and I'll be stunned if they're not battling relegation this season.

There was not much between the sides in the opening half. Ayr probably had more of the ball but The Shire had the better chances, all be it from range. McGregor was unlucky to not to put us ahead but other than that both teams went into the break with things to think about it.

Ayr started the second half better and John Paul McGovern scored a superb effort, you always felt that it would take someone special to beat Bernard and it did, a real special effort. The Shire came back into it but being reduced to 10 men didn't help (no idea what happened there but McKenna had no complaints so he probably deserved to go) and then when the Ref has given a penalty against Connor Greene for nothing then it became crumbling time for The Shire.

How the Ref can blow when McGill (????) runs into Greene is beyond my, and surely if it was a foul then it was a goal scoring opportunity so he had to walk?? It's all by the by now but there is no doubt that decision had a big impact on the game. Shire were no worse than Ayr but were 2 goals and a player down.....game over!!!

Last week we lost 7-1 to Falkirk but I walked away with plenty of positives from the game, this week there are a few alarm bells ringing, the biggest one being who is going to grab the goals this season if McKenna doesn't score. I would also hazard a guess that the score line paints over the cracks that cause Ayr fans worry, there is no doubt that if Ayr had faced a good side today that there would have been a different out come.

1) No - I really didn't.

2) Wrong, on a couple of fronts. It was a penalty as the boy came right across Devlin and took him out. Really no question of a penalty, and never a red.

3) Yes, quite obviously, if Ayr played a better team it would have been a different outcome today. East Stirling were pretty poor and I'd be less concerned about Ayr papering over cracks than East Stirling being unable to paper over the cracks, facing bottom spot.

The game turned into a training session after the sending off to be honest. Apart from the shot off the bar. We still have a long way to go, but there were positive signs today. Would take a good performance draw next week.

The red card is for McKenna kicking McGovern & the penalty is 100%

We really weren't any good yesterday but it is useful for Donzo to get a couple goals (Matching his tally with Brechin last year already) before the real stuff starts

Archived