Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lethern is a top keeper some people should stay aff the wacky backy.

He wasn't at Kilmarnock. In fact, he was as far from a 'top keeper' as you're likely to find. Lets be honest, Dundee fans have a habit of getting a little over excited over their players but there are plenty of 'Dee supporters I've seen that think Bain will be first choice by Christmas. Hardly a ringing endorsement of ol' butterfingers.

He wasn't at Kilmarnock. In fact, he was as far from a 'top keeper' as you're likely to find. Lets be honest, Dundee fans have a habit of getting a little over excited over their players but there are plenty of 'Dee supporters I've seen that think Bain will be first choice by Christmas. Hardly a ringing endorsement of ol' butterfingers.

Says the boy who rates Reuben Gabriel and Josh Magennis.

Says the boy who rates Reuben Gabriel and Josh Magennis.

Well that's just not true is it? Reuben had a brilliant game for the U20's, something that our manager at the time also said. As for Magennis, I've said that I think he'll surprise a few people this season. He won't be putting that on his LinkedIn lets put it that way.

I sheepishly went into the Dundee shop yesterday and asked for away tickets, the guy was very helpful and said they only keep a tiny batch of away tickets so I managed to get them.

How did you feel in the shop?

On the odd occasion I've had to go into the United shop I feel very unclean.

Honestly I know you guys wash and stuff in Angus but that's just how I felt.

I once had to go to the Rangers shop at Ibrox. It was a fucking awful feeling.

Well that's just not true is it? Reuben had a brilliant game for the U20's, something that our manager at the time also said. As for Magennis, I've said that I think he'll surprise a few people this season. He won't be putting that on his LinkedIn lets put it that way.

I'm looking forward to Josh's throw ins. Especially those from the middle of the park.

Do you think someone ties his laces?

Granted, a few of us have been guilty of that. But it's not as if we're unfamiliar with Letheren, he single handedly won us the title in the 87th minute or something like that. This is his longest stint as the no.1 at any club too and he'll be looking to boss it. Also, anyone saying Bain will be no.1 by xmas is suffering from the aforementioned over excitement.

Nobodys even seen that much of Bain. Its Hartley that has a boner for him. But i agree with Pep in absolutely, totally, fucking everything, so he must be the best keeper in the world ever.

I'm not sure how well Letheren will cope in the Premiership. He did well last season but, by all accounts, wasn't great for Killie. He is young for a 'Keeper though. It's not ridiculous that he may have improved and gained confidence from a season as first choice.

Granted, a few of us have been guilty of that. But it's not as if we're unfamiliar with Letheren, he single handedly won us the title in the 87th minute or something like that. This is his longest stint as the no.1 at any club too and he'll be looking to boss it. Also, anyone saying Bain will be no.1 by xmas is suffering from the aforementioned over excitement.

By Christmas is optimistic but I think Bain has definately been brought in with a view to being our eventual no.1

I'm not sure how well Letheren will cope in the Premiership. He did well last season but, by all accounts, wasn't great for Killie. He is young for a 'Keeper though. It's not ridiculous that he may have improved and gained confidence from a season as first choice.

He lacked even the most basic of catching skills whilst at Kilmarnock. That will become a problem when you're up against even bigger, stronger or faster players. As a shotstopper, he was good however which will win you a few fans.

He's fine for the time being until Scott Bain gets fit. You keep talking about GGH having the customary great game against old team, I expect the same from Kyle. Still don't see where you boys will get your goals from.

Archived