Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

Kyle defo at fault for the goal, he positioned his wall then stood behind it. The ball wasn't even that close to the post, although well hit his positioning was off, and I'm a fan of Lethern. I don't think he was on his A game today, few bad kicks, running under the ball 2nd half, punching a tame cross when the catch was easy ... Made a good save but he's better than his overall performance today.

The pace the free kick was hit at made it unsaveable

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nervous first half but Killie are the best team we've played since pre-season started so it took us a while to get going.

Killie probably edged the first half but that 2nd half was all Dundee. How we didn't win that game is beyond me, well actually it's not, we just didn't take our chances and Samson played well at Dens for the first time in his career.

GGH was sensational, just beats Thomson and McGowan to MOTM for me.

Hopefully Bain is fit soon - Letheren gives me the fear every time a ball is played forward or a cross comes into the box. Good shot stopper and a hero for that save v Dumbarton but he's not the answer long term.

Som great football 2nd half (and some good stuff from Killie first half). Overall it was two points dropped but a big confidence boost for the players knowing they can dominate against other SPL teams.

That's what I thought at the time. It wasn't right in the corner, it was a decent area for a keeper to make a save - but it was past him before he had time to think about saving it. Letheren was a bombscare today but can't be faulted for that goal - a great hit from the boy.

You may be right. I saw it from right behind the taker and watched it whistle in, but I would agree with reido, he set the wall up protecting his right hand post and then got caught on his right foot when the ball came in, and while it may have had a lot on it, it wasn't scraping in at the angle of the goal. As I said earlier these things happen, it's his tendency to stay rooted to his line which bothers me more.

It wasn't the goal that annoyed me about Letheren today nor was it the moment he almost cost us a goal by completely misjudging the flight of the ball and letting it bounce over him when he tried to header it... it was his acrobatic punch to nowhere when a harmless cross was floated in and it went straight to him but he gave the possession straight back to Killie.

Far too often his judgement with cross balls lets him down. If he could cut that out, he'd be a very solid keeper but as it is, it leaves him looking like a bombscare.

You may be right. I saw it from right behind the taker and watched it whistle in, but I would agree with reido, he set the wall up protecting his right hand post and then got caught on his right foot when the ball came in, and while it may have had a lot on it, it wasn't scraping in at the angle of the goal. As I said earlier these things happen, it's his tendency to stay rooted to his line which bothers me more.

It's pointless discussing this any further. BoredomGuy has given us the difinitive opinion.

He's an expert on everything.

Once you see it from the angle I did, you'll see the keeper stood no chance unless it was right at his puss, Even then it would probably have just ripped a fucking hole through him

It's pointless discussing this any further. BoredomGuy has given us the difinitive opinion.

He's an expert on everything.

Once you see it from the angle I did, you'll see the keeper stood no chance unless it was right at his puss, Even then it would probably have just ripped a fucking hole through him

Doff of the cap to Jimmy Mac - his direct running and energy gave us a new dimension when he came on. Anyone know why Boyle wasn't even named as sub??

Jim played brilliantly when he came on, I think he maybe should have started. No idea why Boyle wasn't named; no doubt someone will start a rumour about to though.

Love Jimmy mac! So much energy and gives us a lot of drive. Would start him at Inverness midweek for his defensive and energy qualities in midfield especially for a tricky away tie. His tackle on the black guy was brilliant he ran about 20 yards to get him.

Aberdeen bud:

No both played central. Harkins just behind the strikers and mcgowan slightly deeper with a licence to push forward whenever he likes. Both were head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. As o said before dont understand the comments regarding Harkins as the man is a very talented footballer.

Also dont understand comments about them not being able to play in the same team, both were outstanding today.

I thought we were a bit unlucky not to win with all the chances in the 2nd half however killie had 3 really good chances too. Killies young players were impressive particularly the 2 wide players. The 2 black lads were shite though.

^^^Racist IMO :P

Agree but I think Magennis has something to offer as a target man/second striker - wouldnt want to rely on him for goals though.

Not a bad first game, which I thought killie edged in the first half and probably deserved to go in at HT in front. Thought we looked quite nervous at the start with no one really seeming comfortable on the ball. Especially Dyer but he did improve as the game went on.

Penalty looked soft but it was a good move that got us into a good position. Silly tackle from McPake who was solid otherwise. Knew it was gonna go in as soon as it was awarded. The tank was quiet today but a lot of decent performances all over the park. Killie were there for the taking last 25 mins and on another day we would've knocked it. Oh well I'll take a point. For what it's worth I really think we should keep Wighton in the squad and not loan him out.

Archived