Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock - 09/08/2014

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Letheren should be saving that free kick. Fair play to Slater, cracking hit, but the ball isn't even nearly in the corner of the goal when it crosses the line. Poor stuff

It was postage stamp, keeper didn't have a hope - very few keepers would have been near it.

It was postage stamp, keeper didn't have a hope - very few keepers would have been near it.

I defended him before I'd seen the highlights but it's not postage stamp. Great strike from the boy still but it's travelled about 22 yards, is in the side of the goal the keeper is protecting, and he didn't even throw a hand at it.

That said, with the pace on the strike he might have got a hand to it and it still would have gone in, but either way he should be doing better than just watching it.

Very happy with the way we played yesterday. Good passing and movement and were unlucky not to get the victory but it was a hard fought point for Killie.

Midfield four were all very good today. Thomson looked a real player while McGowan and Ferry are both very tidy wee players. Harkins was absolutely brilliant. Unreal to think folk were saying they wouldn't have him back. Some player.

Killie played ok but couldn't get on the ball in the 2nd half. The wee no10 (Johnstone?) was their best player. I remember him from two years ago and thinking this boy is going to be good. The two upfront put themselves about but lack composure. One thing that was worrying was Magennis was winning every header against our two centre halves.

Overall a decent enough start to the season. We'll play worse than that this season and win.

I defended him before I'd seen the highlights but it's not postage stamp. Great strike from the boy still but it's travelled about 22 yards, is in the side of the goal the keeper is protecting, and he didn't even throw a hand at it.

That said, with the pace on the strike he might have got a hand to it and it still would have gone in, but either way he should be doing better than just watching it.

Agree. Haven't seen the highlights but that's how it looked from the main stand.

Have to say I watched it from behind Slater and the highlights confirm the ball hit the net right at the back corner, not even in the side netting. If that's postage stamp you must use huge envelopes!

Happy with the passing and general standard of play, although at times we were over elaborate.

Was going to say the same thing - there were times I thought we played a short pass when a shot or ball out wide was the better option. McAllister when he came on was a lot more direct.

I'll go balls out here. No matter letherens positioning, covering of 1 side etc that freekick was a peach.

Not 1 keeper in the league is saving that.

Letheren looked nervous and played poorly but no blame for me with that.

Was going to say the same thing - there were times I thought we played a short pass when a shot or ball out wide was the better option. McAllister when he came on was a lot more direct.

Have to agree with that, Letheren needs to start shouting more, and stop punching balls he could catch, otherwise I was satisfied with his performance.

Have to say I watched it from behind Slater and the highlights confirm the ball hit the net right at the back corner, not even in the side netting. If that's postage stamp you must use huge envelopes!

The goal isn't scored when the ball hits the net mate, it's when it crosses the line.

I use A4 envelopes generally but do actually have A3 sized ones too.

The goal isn't scored when the ball hits the net mate, it's when it crosses the line.

I use A4 envelopes generally but do actually have A3 sized ones too.

You've completely contradicted your own argument there. Given the angle the ball is coming from, and where the ball hits the net, it's nowhere near the corner of the goal when it crosses the line.

As I said before, great strike from Slater but for Letheren to watch the ball whizz past his face without even attempting a save is poor goalkeeping IMO.

You've completely contradicted your own argument there. Given the angle the ball is coming from, and where the ball hits the net, it's nowhere near the corner of the goal when it crosses the line.

As I said before, great strike from Slater but for Letheren to watch the ball whizz past his face without even attempting a save is poor goalkeeping IMO.

Agree he should have been covering the side it went in and trust the wall to cover the other side.

post-39390-0-90300500-1407706605.jpg

Archived