cumbernauld kilsyth league

number6

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contact John Morton league. he will advise.- His contact details on the league website.
The next league meeting is 10th of August where all details about teams, divisions will be made public, (as far as I'm aware)

The league cannot officially state anything on any age until they see how many teams apply for each age. SO anything you get from anyone on here is just gossip, not fact.

Last year there was an under 19 league and Under 17 league in the Cumbernauld and Kilsyth league. This year we are moving up to the Under 16 league and I know the league have been inundated with applications from teams leaving other leagues and wanting to join our league and already the league supplied the Scottish Cup and Regional Cup winners so it has a good reputation.

Sorry, actually I was wrong, I should have remembered I was at the league meeting last year as I was involved in the Under 15 team.

There wasn't a under 17 league last year.

The reason being, (all allegedly as far as I can remember, but I was more interested in our age group at the time), there were 9, (under 17) teams at the league meeting last year and they were told that any team that has applied for the Under 17's (or any age group for that matter), cannot be made public until the league have all the applications in and during the week after that meeting quite a few of the teams then decided to join a different league and unknown to the teams there was, I think, another 6 applications came in which would have made it a competitive league but the original teams then had left so it ended up that there was no Under 17 league.

I know a lot of teams apply to join a couple of leagues at the same time and then decide at the last moment who to join by paying fees etc.. So whoever you think of joining, try and get confirmation what is going on from each league that you might consider.

Hope this helps

regards

• 3 weeks later...

Archived