Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dundee FC - 13/08/14

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right but usually for good reason unlike this thread which is just automatic insults...

I try not to retaliate - even when attacked.

I think we have signed a lot of good players but I've always been concerned about the balance of the squad. We've few options up top and few options at the back. Thomson is an excellent holding midfielder but I don't think you can play with 2 strikers and Harkins and McGowan - it leaves the defence - and Thomo - too exposed. Particularly whilst Konrad and to some extent McGinn are finding their feet. Jimildinhio made an impact on Saturday with his energy. Maybe we need one or 2 of him or Davo and or McBride in, in place of one of the strikers and maybe Ferry. Ferry seems too offensive to play with H and Mac in a 4.

Did that make any sense?!?

I try not to retaliate - even when attacked.

I think we have signed a lot of good players but I've always been concerned about the balance of the squad. We've few options up top and few options at the back. Thomson is an excellent holding midfielder but I don't think you can play with 2 strikers and Harkins and McGowan - it leaves the defence - and Thomo - too exposed. Particularly whilst Konrad and to some extent McGinn are finding their feet. Jimildinhio made an impact on Saturday with his energy. Maybe we need one or 2 of him or Davo and or McBride in, in place of one of the strikers and maybe Ferry. Ferry seems too offensive to play with H and Mac in a 4.

Did that make any sense?!?

No totally agree. I suggested further back it might be an option to play McBride alongside Thomson as a holding mid and the Jim M inthe front three. I'm not a massive fan of McBride but that might work for the harder, grittier games as at least now we have creativity v last season. Agree that Ferry seems more offensive even though he's been played in the holding role in the past. Just seems a little 'light' but I actually think he's not fully fit yet.

Ferry seems more offensive even though he's been played in the holding role in the past. Just seems a little 'light' but I actually think he's not fully fit yet.

I agree with that. I really like Ferry and is already one of my favourite signings but looked fucked when he came off on Saturday. He should drop deeper and join Thomson in holding midfield. Jim should start - probably at Stewart's expense. I thought both played well but Jim's workrate and the extra body in midfield will be needed: 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-1-2-1. Getting very technical these days. Cheers, Deestruction!

Hope so as I will be in Munich on business and canny get to Inverness.

In New York on business. Life's a bitch. But I'll be back for the Partick game. :)

We've played each other a total of 15 times with Caley coming out on top 6 times, us 4 and 5 draws. We've played at the Caledonian stadium 5 times and never won, Caley winning 4 of the encounters and the other being a draw. In those 5 games, Caley have scored a total of 11 goals giving them an average of 2.20 goals per game and we've scored 5 times in those 5 games giving us a goal a game essentially.

Hopefully we can get that monkey off our backs.

Our first away game against ICT was when they were playing at Pittodrie. So we've only lost three times in Inverness. Of course that makes all the difference in the world.

This is a really tough first away game. It's a fixture we might approach with a bit of confidence when this new side has settled into the Premiership. Right now getting even a point is a big ask and would be a good achievement. A single goal defeat wouldn't worry me in the least.

I agree with that. I really like Ferry and is already one of my favourite signings but looked fucked when he came off on Saturday. He should drop deeper and join Thomson in holding midfield. Jim should start - probably at Stewart's expense. I thought both played well but Jim's workrate and the extra body in midfield will be needed: 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-1-2-1. Getting very technical these days. Cheers, Deestruction!

Yes, Deestruction's stuff is really good...haven't seen a post up about the Killie game though yet.

In New York on business. Life's a bitch. But I'll be back for the Partick game. :)

Our first away game against ICT was when they were playing at Pittodrie. So we've only lost three times in Inverness. Of course that makes all the difference in the world.

This is a really tough first away game. It's a fixture we might approach with a bit of confidence when this new side has settled into the Premiership. Right now getting even a point is a big ask and would be a good achievement. A single goal defeat wouldn't worry me in the least.

Will be back for the proper Jags on Saturday as well. Not sure if there's fitba at the Allianz on Wednesday while my thoughts are in Inverness.

Will be back for the proper Jags on Saturday as well. Not sure if there's fitba at the Allianz on Wednesday while my thoughts are in Inverness.

New York, Paris, London, Munich?

I'm in Inchture on business on Friday. All expenses paid too :)

What has happened to this thread? I remember the days when I could make one comment and half the Dundee support on here would have a meltdown.

We should win this mainly because we have a settled squad and Dundee's new players will still be finding their feet and getting used to each other.

I'm mildly optimistic about this and looking forward to seeing how Dundee play and I don't see a lot of goals in this if both sides decide to play the same way, Hughes v Hartley game of chess.

The only spoiler is this weather and now on Tuesday morning ex hurricane Bertha is still drenching the Highland capital, I would expect that if this continues into tomorrow it will effect the attendance, there is little protection from the wind and rain in the Main Stand up to the last few back rows in the lower part and the ends are uncovered while the rain gets into the North Stand the first few rows, North Stand for this one I think. Don't know about the South Stand. Going by the weather forecast on the BBC its seeming likely for rain tomorrow. I hope there is no worry about the game itself, there was a decent drying off period yesterday afternoon right though the evening, but its started again.

The only spoiler is this weather and now on Tuesday morning ex hurricane Bertha is still drenching the Highland capital, I would expect that if this continues into tomorrow it will effect the attendance, there is little protection from the wind and rain in the Main Stand up to the last few back rows in the lower part and the ends are uncovered while the rain gets into the North Stand the first few rows, North Stand for this one I think. Don't know about the South Stand. Going by the weather forecast on the BBC its seeming likely for rain tomorrow. I hope there is no worry about the game itself, there was a decent drying off period yesterday afternoon right though the evening, but its started again.

I got woken up during the night with the sound of torrential rain.

I would guess this will have to be a pitch inspection job.

I don't believe Ferry played in a holding role on Saturday, I felt is if he was more a box to box midfielder and left Thomson the holding role himself. This being perfect for a home game as it gives us more attacking options while still having 3 or 4 players sitting back and defending any counter attacks. Would be interesting to see if Hartley will get Ferry, or even someone else, to hold with Thomson on Wednesday.

Given the recent very significant precipitation, taking cognisance of the forecast and in order to protect the pitch, I'd venture that it would be perfectly reasonable to postpone a game such as this.

Yes, Deestruction's stuff is really good...haven't seen a post up about the Killie game though yet.

Cheers, gonna finish my Killie stuff at work this afternoon, have found a pretty key star about McKay too, for the Sneckie game.

Archived