Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dundee FC - 13/08/14

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That'll do, two out of two we should of won. Clear penalty IMO. Caley are slightly better than Killie tbh.

I couldn't see the ball properly other than the from when the ball was kicked and could only guess where it would hit. If the ball hit the arm it would not necessarily mean an automatic penalty if the player couldn't get his arm out of the way, was there movement towards the ball etc, I don't think so and anyway from where the referee was standing he couldn't be sure either whether the ball hit the arm since he couldn't possibly see the ball as the players were between him and the ball. Any doubt he can't give it.

The Dundee fans were probably in the best position to see that incident and claim as would be expected.

What is with the "lets make some noise for the Inverness caley thisle boys" caper

Keep that shit out of football

Ugh. Reading out the full time results whilst the game was still going was a new low.

The reports in the paper are a lot of shite. f**k knows how that stayed 0-0, both teams had great chances to score, especially Shinnie and MacDonald.

Peaso still showing he can cut it at this level, great movement for two of his chances, he should of scored both really by his standards. It looks a definitely penalty to me, the boy Raven? Raises his arm to the ball. Red must of not seen it properly.

Impressed by ICT, I thought they would struggle this season but they look like they could get top six again. A great travelling support from us last night considering the distance and it being midweek.

Another ground ticked off the list.

To start off - best part of half a dozen of my mates refused entry - including myself, until I done the old "Walk up the road, and back down again" routine. Gonna be a few complaints today - you can't serve people in yir plastic Fairmuir Clubbie wannabe, then refuse them entry to the ground 5 minutes later FFS. Diddy as f**k. Also - the SIA licensed security broke SIA conduct by refusing to give me his badge number and name - they'll be getting a call for that too*.

On to the game itself - a draw definitely the fair result. I'd say 2 teams who lacked width and will focus on counter-attacking for goals this season. Dundee neutralised McKay by keeping a deep line, and not allowing him to get room to peel off - well played PH! Konrad and McPake strolled the game, our defence was much shored up from recent games where we look shaky in possession. Letheren with allowed to long ball as well - which removed the polarised range he had for goal kicks.

ICT look like a side on the down slide a little bit - I was expecting a team to thoroughly out play us - and while they played some nice stuff, quite like ourselves they never really looked a threat.

Some will probably say 0-0 borefest - but I enjoyed the midfield battle, it was certainly good to see our midfield continuing to work even with the loss of our captain. Simon Ferry is gonna be vital for us - while Thomson does the passing, Ferrys movement and positioning is sublime. Always at the right place and chasing.

Stonewall pen to me. Ball going back across goal to one of our players, he sticks his leg out, and hand up, which blocks the ball during a pass. It would've been harsh on ICT, but that's football sometimes, it was harsh on us not getting that today.

Overall - heavy pished, good trip, I'd have taken a point pre-match, and we played better at the back. Derry juggernaught rolls on undefeated.

ETA - I know they only legally need to give their badge number, but it's common practice to give name as well.

477 dees last night great support for a wednesday night game,dundee fans follow our team no matter what.

I must be getting better at the crowd guessing, I thought it must be close to 500.

I thought we played well overall with a lack of bite up front our only real weak area. For a nil nil it was an entertaining game, both teams were passing the ball well and there was some great movement off the ball. With regards to the penalty my initial reaction was penalty but without watching it again I can understand why it wasn't given, I don't think it was deliberate anyway, it was too close for the guy to react.

Its still early days and the team seemed to be another step closer in 'togetherness', it was good to see a GGH who when he lost the ball ran to try and win it back. The Harkins of a couple of years ago wouldn't have bothered his arse. They all seem keen to play and are certainly motivated enough. When Boyle came on he looked keen to prove himself, maybe trying a little too hard but thats understandable. A win at the weekend would be the icing on the cake but that could be a big ask after Particks good result last night, its shaping up to be interesting amongst us diddies :thumsup2

Why were you refused entry?

Too heavy pished was the reasoning - yet somehow I can still remember the events perfectly. Great judgement by the lad manning the pub and WTing the boys around the corner at the gates. Which is shoddy practice in itself - the fact I could hear him talkying the boy around the corner - atleast do it by remote camera like a professional ground would. He's putting himself in the firing line by calling around RIGHT INFRONT OF ME. Tube.

Aye - I wasn't too angry, but did feel it was worth a try to get in on my own - no surprise there, football fans getting shafted at games as always.

It's more the practice of taking the money for tickets, taking the money at your bar, then minutes later refusing entry for being too drunk. Bar staff should be made aware of their duty to not serve someone who is too drunk to get in to the game allegedly.

Aye - I wasn't too angry, but did feel it was worth a try to get in on my own - no surprise there, football fans getting shafted at games as always.

It's more the practice of taking the money for tickets, taking the money at your bar, then minutes later refusing entry for being too drunk. Bar staff should be made aware of their duty to not serve someone who is too drunk to get in to the game allegedly.

Obviously not your fault, no. Clubs that sell alcohol should allow drunk fans to enter their ground, not your responsibility, you couldn't help yourself.

I'd say you've got a point there.

Obviously not your fault, no. Clubs that sell alcohol should allow drunk fans to enter their ground, not your responsibility, you couldn't help yourself.

I never said it wasn't "my fault" I got refused first time, but not second time. The issue is with your system which is completely flawed.

ICTJB gets the point I'm trying to make - the flaw of having to buy tickets prior to entering, and allowing people to in your clubbie, without having strict service rules, or warnings given, is in brutal honesty, shoddy from a security perspective.

The argument about the drunk fans would stand up if they weren't refusing boys who hadn't had a single drop of alcohol and were refused entry on the basis of joining in with Dundee songs in the bar. Happens every time up there. Sad little people turning into nazis when they get their hands on a yellow jacket.

The argument about the drunk fans would stand up if they weren't refusing boys who hadn't had a single drop of alcohol and were refused entry on the basis of joining in with Dundee songs in the bar. Happens every time up there. Sad little people turning into nazis when they get their hands on a yellow jacket.

Some of them got thrown out the Gestapo for cruelty.

I enjoyed the look of terror in the young steward's eyes when we entered.

Archived