Match of the Day 14/15

hoopy1967

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible tackle on him tbf

It was a horrible tackle. I'd have quite possibly done the same.

No-one on either post. Silly fuckers.

Horrible tackle on Matic, I don't blame the guy for his reaction to be honest. Stupid though.

Wrong..

The burnley player played the ball and caught matic in a follow through. An accidental colllision, nothing more.

Watch it in slo-mo.

Wrong..

The burnley player played the ball and caught matic in a follow through. An accidental colllision, nothing more.

Watch it in slo-mo.

Even if we gave him the benefit of the doubt and said it was accidental, it doesn't mean it shouldn't have been a red card. You can't plant your studs into someone's standing leg like that and justify it because you played the ball.

Was his 'tackle' on Ivanovic in the first half an accident too?

That's a few times I've agreed with you lately Milesy, one of us must have had a bump on the head. ;)

He's certainly light years ahead of the likes of Shearer and Jenas. He's perhaps just, for want of a better term, scrambling for relevance sometimes, but at least he's not a fence sitter scared to upset his mates.

You can't plant your studs into someone's standing leg like that and justify it because you played the ball.

post-9889-0-29805800-1424731008.jpg

Well apparently this tackle is fine. FA says it was seen judged to be ok at the time and so they won't take any further action......absolute farce when you see rugby actually retrospectively punish guys who are actually punished during the game.

You want to take the massive money to have your game on the TV all the time and for the players to be earning £100,000+ a week then then face up to the fact that all the exposure and cameras mean you will be spotted if involved in foul play and should be expected to be punished until you can play the game in a proper way.

attachicon.gifbarnes matic.jpg

Well apparently this tackle is fine. FA says it was seen judged to be ok at the time and so they won't take any further action......absolute farce when you see rugby actually retrospectively punish guys who are actually punished during the game.

You want to take the massive money to have your game on the TV all the time and for the players to be earning £100,000+ a week then then face up to the fact that all the exposure and cameras mean you will be spotted if involved in foul play and should be expected to be punished until you can play the game in a proper way.

I love the way everyone's using that screenshot. :lol::lol:

Yes it looks bad & it could've done some serious damage to matic,....... but it was an accidental collision.

Ref got it spot on.

Archived