The BBC at it again with it's Unionist bias

Casual Bystander

One political scientist who isn't in government == "Paris" to this throbber, never mind that the "strong United Kingdom" won't be in Europe soon enough anyway thanks to the very media outlet he's being interviewed by agitating for withdrawal from the EU.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One political scientist who isn't in government == "Paris" to this throbber, never mind that the "strong United Kingdom" won't be in Europe soon enough anyway

Can't believe you are still trying to sell this pup :lol:

How bewildered are you going to be in 10 years time when the UK is both in the EU and hasn't even had a referendum about leaving the EU.

The headline is justified further down the story, in a bit that you - surprise, surprise - left out of your post to suit your own agenda.

No it's not as there is not a single bit in the article which supports the claim, "Why Paris doesn't want a Scottish Yes".

What you have done is quote the Deputy Mayor of Augigny where he makes no such assumption. Augigny is 150 miles South of Paris and as a Deputy Mayor he isn't even the most prominent politician in a town with the population of just under 6000. The equivalent story would be a local councillor in Spean Bridge speaking on behalf of the entire population of Edinburgh. Is that the position you are trying to defend?

You then go on to quote Dominique Moisi, who makes some assumptions but the article provides no proof to back these up. While Moisi may be an eminent commentator on politics he is merely providing an opinion, not stating fact.

Pot, kettle, black.

While flattering I think you'll find your analogy somehow falls down in the fact that I am not a national broadcaster who is funded by public money.

Looks like you fell into that classic trap of portraying assumption as fact.

Quite the opposite, although your diatribe seems to suggest you just got lost in the moment and are not entirely focussed in your thinking.

As it is, we don't know who wrote the headline. I don't think that is portraying assumption as fact as the bottom line is that it has been published as such.

It's rare I see such a poorly delivered praysee, and for that I actually congratulate you.

I think the Beeb could do with more sub-editors. The Scansion in this sentence is appalling.

France believes in the nation state, and would look askance at regions like Corsica or Brittany getting too strong ideas about hiving themselves off.

Ugh.

Notice the 'Feature' Business article of UK oil forecasts 'too pessimistic' has only lasted 7 or 8 hours before being replaced by

EU compensates fruit and veg growers hit by Russian ban......where UK doesn't even get onto their chart for being affected

Well it is a £100 Milion emergency funding

.....and £224 Million payout over e-Borders sacking

Where the Oil underestimate was a piffling £300 Billion

Clearly the more importnat UK business story

....doesn't appear under the Scotland News tab.....err... anywhere

So just a little update on this. 10 days ago I put in a complaint (which was fairly even, just saying the title was misleading as the content doesn't match up to the claim but that I had no great issue with the article barring the one paragraph I highlighted). At the time I got an automated email to say it will take 10 days for your complaint to be processed, I have just received another email from the same address saying that "it will take 10 days for your complain to be processed".

While I appreciate the BBC complaints department will be overloaded, after all even the most charitable will admit they've "leant" towards the union, but to resend almost the same email claiming it will take 10 days, and to do that more or less 10 days from the first one does smack of stalling.

So just a little update on this. 10 days ago I put in a complaint (which was fairly even, just saying the title was misleading as the content doesn't match up to the claim but that I had no great issue with the article barring the one paragraph I highlighted). At the time I got an automated email to say it will take 10 days for your complaint to be processed, I have just received another email from the same address saying that "it will take 10 days for your complain to be processed".

While I appreciate the BBC complaints department will be overloaded, after all even the most charitable will admit they've "leant" towards the union, but to resend almost the same email claiming it will take 10 days, and to do that more or less 10 days from the first one does smack of stalling.

Your reply might just read 'we gave Salmond a biased audience; do you still think we are biased?'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28739399

Carrying the headline "Why Paris doesn't want a Scottish Yes" you would think that there was some sort of in depth analysis of the political debate in France. Perhaps some quotes from those in power about the up coming referendum. Maybe the French president, Francois Hollande, has commented on the subject? Perhaps their Prime Minister, Manuel Valls, has briefed the BBC on the matter? Do we have the doyen of the right, Marine Le Pen has been outspoken on the subject? Nope, none of them. No a single official or unofficial comment attributed to any senior politician in France.

So why can it run the headline "Why Paris doesn't want a Scottish Yes", just where is the actual proof of this? Where is the source of this assertion? Well the simple fact is there isn't one. The only politician quoted, the Deputy Mayor of says, "Emotionally I would say most people in Aubigny are for it. But it is a complicated subject, and there are many factors to take into account. So we don't feel in a position to pronounce. It is up to the Scottish to decide." Does that justify the headline? What's more how can it justify the use of the line, "Certainly, in Paris - though no-one in government would presume to say it openly - there is no enthusiasm for Scottish independence", when there is not a single shred of evidence to back up this claim.

The bottom line here is that the BBC is guilty of gross misrepresentation and, well, to bring it to the base level, lying purely to support it's Unionist agenda.

And your surprised by this?

There was two demos for independence right outside their building,the first one was not even reported on,the second one the BBC lied about how many people where there. It's the same in nearly every newspaper in Scotland. Working for the Westminster toffs.

There was two demos for independence right outside their building,the first one was not even reported on,the second one the BBC lied about how many people where there. It's the same in nearly every newspaper in Scotland. Working for the Westminster toffs.

I think you will find loads of demos get ignored - perhaps more so when the largest sporting event Scotland will ever host is on the go; but juts because your paranoid........

Then they release very credible viewing figures.

Eleanor Bradford taking her usual delight on bashing the SNP on health again today.

When asked how Scotland was doing in comparison to other parts of the UK, a very audible choke came over her, followed by " that's a very complicated question, you would need to ask someone ".

Bloody shameful. Get Ruth Davidson back reading the news.

E. Bradford was caught out a year and more ago by Alex Neil, as I recall, she was using nonsense stats.

Since then her stridency has been marked.

Last week on "Scotland 2014" her body language and comments were unprofessional.

It seems to me that when a correspondent can't get her message across because they are message, its time to be moved on.

Archived