Ardagh Cup

Sancho Panza

Apology if I'm thick and reading this wrong, cant see a date for the Ardeer V Hurlford game?

The Ford play Edinburgh Uni tomorrow and Meadow on Monday 25th Aug

Ardagh Cup Semi finals to be played on Wed 3nd Sept which leaves Wed 27th Aug free for the quarters.

Where does the last sectional game appear?

Is the Hurlford v Kilbirnie game on 30th likely to be changed?

clear as mud

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I thought be possibly moving Quarter games to Wed 3rd September but would 10th September have enough light for 90mins plus potential penalties for semi finals?

Why have a league cup when no information given to supporters, players and committee about it. East Region is far better organised in my opinion. Committee and supporters in West Region clubs must get so frustrated. I know tonight will be asked when are we playing Quarter Finals? Honest answer is eh a Wednesday sometime in September. Great info....

It's not an ideal scenario, but with Junior clubs participating in the Senior Scottish Cup there was always the possibility of disruption to Junior competitions. Hurlford's replay has caused a problem. But we just have to accept it and move on as best we can.

It all hinges on Monday's game between Hurlford and Meadow.

If Meadow win then the quarter finalists will be Kilbirnie v Hurlford and Meadow v Largs. Hurlford and Ardeer game will have no significance apart from the fact it will still be an outstanding game to be plkayed at a later date.

If it is a draw or a Hurlford win then the Ardeer game will have a bearing and it will need to be played.

Worst case scenario - Hurlford/ Meadow draw then Ardeer 2 Hurlford 5.

The clubs playing in the Scottish are not the problem,the Ardagh Cup is the problem...even the Ayrshie ammies are 4 games into their league campaign.Hurlford/Ardeer may no be played...so professional dearie me....worse than feckin amateur.

So. You don't like the Ardagh, who would've guessed?

Many more do like it. Gie it a rest.

Your club obviously thought it was worthwhile.

It's not an ideal scenario, but with Junior clubs participating in the Senior Scottish Cup there was always the possibility of disruption to Junior competitions. Hurlford's replay has caused a problem. But we just have to accept it and move on as best we can.

It all hinges on Monday's game between Hurlford and Meadow.

If Meadow win then the quarter finalists will be Kilbirnie v Hurlford and Meadow v Largs. Hurlford and Ardeer game will have no significance apart from the fact it will still be an outstanding game to be plkayed at a later date.

If it is a draw or a Hurlford win then the Ardeer game will have a bearing and it will need to be played.

Worst case scenario - Hurlford/ Meadow draw then Ardeer 2 Hurlford 5.

Kennie if it happens that the Hurlford v Ardeer game ends up meaningless why can't the WJFA not make it a 0-0 draw and save everyone the hassle of having to arrange a game that has no baring on anything. BTW it has happened in the past that games that have been abandoned the results have stood as they had no effect on competitions.

Kennie if it happens that the Hurlford v Ardeer game ends up meaningless why can't the WJFA not make it a 0-0 draw and save everyone the hassle of having to arrange a game that has no baring on anything. BTW it has happened in the past that games that have been abandoned the results have stood as they had no effect on competitions.

It might come to that.

This is a first for us all, so there is no precedent set as far as I'm aware.

It all hinges on tomorrow night's result.

I would suggest that if any of the 2 clubs were not happy about giving up on the fixture then it would have to be played.

I would suggest that if its not played then it makes an entire mockery of the Ardagh cup and that it becomes a complete laughing stock.

Apparently game on wed is on any teams not fulfilling fixtures should be fined but hurlford are just a victim of there on success but should this not be looked at by the beaks who plan it, why should ardeer lies a good gate due to this they have little funds as it is and games like this help the little clubs should we all not be supporting the local clubs I'm pretty sure with the money/squad hurlford have they could send some sort of team to Stevenson ?????

The Hurlford v Medda game from last Wed should not have been cancelled, and the Ardeer game should have been played Mon coming to allow the qf to be played on Wed as scheduled. Two years ago, Meadow played Irvine Vics on Marymass Friday & Gala Fairydean in the Scottish Cup the following day. The Ardagh Cup becomes even more of a farce if, what has been suggested, actually happens.

Archived