Aberdeen VS Livi

HoudaBetsy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a friend from school who is a die-hard Livvy fan, and he confided in me that despite the team doing as normal as they do this year that all the fans who are expecting a hell of a lot more - with Sevco, Hearts and Hibs in the league - really need to calm down all expectations they have.

Also his main point is that the team as a whole are gash.

Any comments?

P.S "They're a bunch of c***s" - Not sure if he means you lot or the players tbh.

Nonsense, all Livi fans I've heard have said yep we've started ok but 8th place or above I'd the target in the league, not once have I heard a Livi fan say we are going to challenge near the top so that is utter shit.

His quotation: "The Livih players are a bunch of c***s for that result, and our start to the season so far. Fucking c***s."

What did your "friend" expect ? We are never going to go to Aberdeen and stroll it, not in the current situation the two clubs are in anyway, we performed ok and got beat by a better team, it seems he has the unreasonable expectations, no one else.

He's an absolute raging mess right now, never seen somebody so wound up over a football team. Typical Livi fans, think they're a big club when really they're a joke.

Again nonsense. Your friend is obviously special, I've not heard one Livi fan saying we are a big club, in fact quite the opposite, we can only attract on a good day 1500 of a crowd, think most Livi fans would be more than happy having stability financially (something we've not had ever) and staying in the lower leagues.

Hope that clears that up for you

Classy stuff from the livi fans on here and elsewhere. Sounds like Brown was well tested in the first half and we didn't really get into our stride until the second. Losing Jack for even a little bit would be very bad news but sounds like it's his knee. Which will be months :(

Cheers and hardlines Livi

Last night we had the same problem we've had all season (Alloa game aside), we didn't take our chances. Would have been a different game if we had someone who could stick away they chances, any chance we can ask for McNulty back from Sheffield?

Was a bit optimistic of us snatching a goal after how we played in the first half but as soon as Aberdeens second went in our heads dropped and they just strolled it. Can't say I'm too disappointed though as I didn't think we'd win anyway.

Also heard someone saying the Aberdeen boy (Jack?) had a broken leg, hopefully not as serious as that and he makes a quick recovery.

Last night we had the same problem we've had all season (Alloa game aside), we didn't take our chances. Would have been a different game if we had someone who could stick away they chances, any chance we can ask for McNulty back from Sheffield?

Was a bit optimistic of us snatching a goal after how we played in the first half but as soon as Aberdeens second went in our heads dropped and they just strolled it. Can't say I'm too disappointed though as I didn't think we'd win anyway.

Also heard someone saying the Aberdeen boy (Jack?) had a broken leg, hopefully not as serious as that and he makes a quick recovery.

Not sure anybody has pointed this out but Livi dinied two clear penalties at 1 nil down that would of changed the game. Refs these days have a habit of getting big calls wrong. I would of still expected Aberdeen to win but goals change games.

Again nonsense. Your friend is obviously special, I've not heard one Livi fan saying we are a big club, in fact quite the opposite, we can only attract on a good day 1500 of a crowd, think most Livi fans would be more than happy having stability financially (something we've not had ever) and staying in the lower leagues.

Hope that clears that up for you

Can't believe you bit at that... Chomp chomp

Classy stuff from Livingston fans on here and the club last night, full respect and I hope you go on to have a good season.

First half, after the goal, we were honking. Loose passing, no penetration, lack of pressing, sitting too deep, didn't squeeze the game high enough, didn't win a first or second ball and almost an arrogant lack of concentration. Livi played some reasonable stuff and created a couple of good openings but you can see they are an average Championship team in the final third.

Far better in the second when we pushed Hayes up field and brought Considine on, looked far more threatening and brought Goodwillie and Rooney into the game. Goodie's flick to setup our second goal was a thing of sheer beauty, he's really coming onto a game currently. Well taken hat trick by Rooney and ultimately in the end all rather routine. Del dicked about with 3-5-2 at 3-0 up, and why not?! Credit to Ash Taylor and Scott Brown in despatches.

Sadly Ryan Jack looked a bad one, no malice in the tackle, just beat the Livi player by a split second and was unfortunate to get caught. I hope not, but I fear a long layoff.

Bar that, a pleasing enough night despite a pretty ropey first half.

Archived