Wishaw v Blantyre Vic's (semi final)

Blantyre Victoria FC

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only ones to loose out of this are wishaw who have prob lost on crowd and hospitality being booked this could have been sorted out yesterday and game gone ahead tonight but usual sjfa shambles

Order of events that I heard

Lunch time game off protest lodged . Mid afternoon came to light player was unused sub . Late afternoon meeting next tues to discuss . Early evening athurlie try to withdraw protest but are refused . Wed lunchtime arthurlies protest withdrew Blantyre will play wishaw in semi .

What an embarrassment the sjfa west region are to the junior game by them dragging their heels and ruining the biggest game these two clubs have had in ages . Hang your heads in shame

Don't know how you came to the conclusion that the SJFA were 'dragging they're heels'?

This wasn't down to them.

Was at the match and the player in question was definitely not a 15 year old sitting on the bench. The player in question was the substitute wearing no 15 who played and contributed in Blantyre's win

The player in question has been named in the Evening Times and you are quite correct he is not 15 ...................he's actually 16 AND did not take part in the game.

I dont know the ins and outs however once a protest is lodged i dont think it can be withdrawn i think there has to be a hearing of some sort so the sjfa have probably spoke to both parties and came to a sensible conclusion. You can blame them but for me the blame lies with the commiter of arthurlie for not having all the facts in place before wasting there 50 quid.

Spot on, this is down to some fanny on the Arthurlie committee who is just so full of their own importance. Why lodge a protest then try to withdraw it almost immediately !!! Well done to their supporters for backing a Blantyre result on this thread

The player in question has been named in the Evening Times and you are quite correct he is not 15 ...................he's actually 16 AND did not take part in the game.

so your no 15 was properly registered, my point was that at the time his registration was being looked into

This is the point, had Arthurlie won the game, NOBODY'S registration would be "looked into".

Now that a decision seems to have been made to play the game surely the association must now arrange for it to be played on a saturday,should,nt be a problem to do this as both teams are in the same division-then again the association dont seem to do things in a sensible manner.

Arthurlie Statement Regarding Protest

Arthurlie can confirm that they submitted a protest regarding our 2-1 defeat to Blantyre Victoria in the EuroScott Engineering Sectional League Cup Quarter Final Tie. After the game the club secretary identified that one of the substitutes listed by Blantyre Victoria was not signed. It was believed at the time that he had come on as a substitute during the second half of the game.

A decision was taken to submit the protest on Monday to the West Region of the SJFA. On Tuesday (3rd) it was subsequently discovered that the player did not come on during the match. As soon as this was identified, immediate contact was made with the West Region informing them that we wish to withdraw the protest as the player had no impact on the result. Confirmation of this was sent today.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Arthurlie would like to wish Blantyre Victoria all the best for their semi-final tie and for the season ahead.

Within 3 days of the game. Not including weekends. Game was Wed, so Thur Fri Mon. So they must have had it in on monday at some point i believe ?

Yes just looked through the rules and you're correct , also it states "no protest or appeal can be withdrawn once made "

Yes just looked through the rules and you're correct , also it states "no protest or appeal can be withdrawn once made "

Yep thats why i would like someone from either side to clarify that either

A) the protest was not withdrawn but rejected by the sjfa

Or

B) it was infact withdrawn and the sjfa are breaking there own rules.

Yep thats why i would like someone from either side to clarify that either

A) the protest was not withdrawn but rejected by the sjfa

Or

B) it was infact withdrawn and the sjfa are breaking there own rules.

What the f==k does it matter ya shit stirring fanny.There were mistakes made by both teams and the matter is now resolved and the correct decision was made.Now put it to bed all the best to Blantyre for the season

What the f==k does it matter ya shit stirring fanny.There were mistakes made by both teams and the matter is now resolved and the correct decision was made.Now put it to bed all the best to Blantyre for the season

Shit stirring because i would like the truth ? Arthurlie are claiming to have withdrawn a protest which is against the sjfa rules so i would like somebody to clarify the situation and tell me if infact they did withdraw the protest OR the sjfa have rejected there protest.

Shit stirring because i would like the truth ? Arthurlie are claiming to have withdrawn a protest which is against the sjfa rules so i would like somebody to clarify the situation and tell me if infact they did withdraw the protest OR the sjfa have rejected there protest.

And who are you?Are you a club official from either side? or on the SJFA board?if not your not likely to hear what you want.The matter is finished so why do you want to keep it going?

And who are you?Are you a club official from either side? or on the SJFA board?if not your not likely to hear what you want.The matter is finished so why do you want to keep it going?

I keep it going because somebody is not telling the full truth are they ...

Archived