The Arbroath Thread

there is a very strong rumour we are looking at a proven goalscorer and could be trying to get him in january cause he is not getting game time at his parent club.

Hmmm... I like this

And Doris and Prunty will play, but only them and Jimmy who's injured and more of a midfielder anyway

Surely the best option would be to bring Kane back from Broughty Athletic and actually give him some game time. He's proved himself to be a handful at League 2 level and he deserves a fresh run in the team.

If we get offered a better player than Hester, who I don't think has done too brilliantly at Broughty, we'd be stupid not to sign them.

I really like Kane but agree with above. Harsh but the way football is if you want to do anything, I've a feeling Kane will end up at the Mo and he'll be a player most Arbroath fans still really like. Masson and Nicky Smith'esque. Be perfectly happy if he came back too like.

Gemmell

Nah he's in the juniors now, not been great for a while, Stevie is a better more mobile version of him, perfect at holding it up and bring others into play, wins so much too. Hoping for someone with pace which we don't really have.

Random guesses at Hilson or Austin from me, although they could be very wishful thinking

Nah he's in the juniors now, not been great for a while, Stevie is a better more mobile version of him, perfect at holding it up and bring others into play, wins so much too. Hoping for someone with pace which we don't really have.
Random guesses at Hilson or Austin from me, although they could be very wishful thinking

Hilson would be an amazing signing

John Gemmell, who set the bench mark at scoring 100 goals in the juniors when he signed for Hurlford, was punted after several months in which he managed to score very few goals and get sent off several times, the last one being for an altercation with the opposition fans :lol: Absolute haddy who is completely over the hill now; he had a purple patch for 2 years but the rest of his career he has been average at best and he's now totally done. Recently appointed as player/ coach at Arthurlie, so expect red cards galore from them for the rest of the season.

18 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

John Gemmell, who set the bench mark at scoring 100 goals in the juniors when he signed for Hurlford, was punted after several months in which he managed to score very few goals and get sent off several times, the last one being for an altercation with the opposition fans :lol: Absolute haddy who is completely over the hill now; he had a purple patch for 2 years but the rest of his career he has been average at best and he's now totally done. Recently appointed as player/ coach at Arthurlie, so expect red cards galore from them for the rest of the season.

Dick tried to sign him pretty much every season he was managing us.

It is one of the players you have mentioned [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]