Police - 1 BTUKOK - 0

Confidemus

Off the back of this:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-accusations-of-intimidation-and-violence-fly-in-from-supporters-of-both-sides-9704743.html

"Today a senior source on the No campaign claimed that the nationalists’ aggressive tactics would frighten voters away from polling stations. “We are worried that there is going to be absolute carnage,” they told the Herald."

The Polis said this:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/bringing-the-smackdown/

We thought this deserved a wider audience after the Herald’s appalling front-page lead story today by Michael Settle and Kate Devlin, channelling Jim Murphy MP:

Oooft. ‘Nuff said.

Har har har. Shut it, fearmongers.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost as though certain groups are keen to create this self fulfilling prophecy.

Surely that can't be the case?!

Surely they put public safety before cheap political point-scoring?!

The Herald is a total disgrace today. Many readers will assume the woman attacked in Glasgow would have been a No supporter attacked by Yes, coming a paragraph after all the Murphy egg nonsense. It's not even piss poor journalism, it's a deliberate act of obfuscation

Bottom line? We've not seen anything close to 80% turn out for years and with people's disenfranchisement with politics recently I have a feeling people will expect to turn up and vote as quickly as people can "like" a facebook post.

Police will be needed at polling stations as the doors will officially close at 10, but if you are still standing in the queue at that time you will be allowed to vote, but you will not be allowed to join the queue after that time so they will need to police that.

I honestly do expect carnage, but not perhaps as the media expect, more from lots of people all rushing to vote after work after they were unable to do so at lunch because the polls were packed.

I would liked to have seen this declared a one off public holiday, but I suppose that would have cost too much money to businesses.

Archived