All things Dundee FC

There's a difference between sponsorship and renaming, chump.

No problem, chap:

Nelms also admitted he would not have a problem with the stadium carrying a sponsor’s name in its title.

He said: “I would definitely contemplate that. But for instance, if we had a sponsor for Dens Park, then it would be whatever stadium at Dens Park."

Providing evidence of the contrary position you've chosen to adopt is never a good tactic imo.

2 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

You're right, there is nothing to debate. Time for you to withdraw gracefully while trying to cover up that you've made a fool of yourself.

Again.

If you can provide a direct quote from Nelms that says Dens can be renamed, I'll happily agree that I've made a fool of myself.

Spoiler alert: I've not made a fool of myself.

23 minutes ago, The Master said:

If you can provide a direct quote from Nelms that says Dens can be renamed, I'll happily agree that I've made a fool of myself.

Spoiler alert: I've not made a fool of myself.

Nelms discussed the stadium being renamed because he believes it can't be renamed? Is this really what you're saying? 

8 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Nelms discussed the stadium being renamed because he believes it can't be renamed? Is this really what you're saying? 

If you actually read the quote from Nelms he was actually talking about the new stadium and used dens as an example saying any naming would be along the lines of 'sponsors name' @ Dens Park but he might as well have said Murrayfield or McDairmid.

Not saying its not being considered coz it makes sense to get cash in to help pay for the overheads associated with maintaining an old stadium but there's no quotes that even suggest this is in the pipeline - although if it was I'm sure the club would have a better idea of what they're allowed to do under the terms of their lease than some inbred tory teuchter f**k.

Liking the fact Nelms is a fan of the 'Nou Campy' too tho...

‘The Nou Campy might stick…’

“People are already calling it the Nou Campy, Dens Park West, all these different bits and pieces.

“I think the Nou Campy is quite funny and that might stick, you never know.

“But it is something we will take seriously as that is what it will hopefully be called for the next 100 years.”

2 minutes ago, Dabslayer said:

You've used the word 'like' far too many times. Didn't realise saints most prolific poster was a 14 year old girl.

So many wrongs in this post that I don't know where to start.

Also, I'd leave out mentioning 14 year old girls when sweepers about.