All things Dundee FC

15 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
9 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
So seen already in the prediction league thread that a fair few think we will finish 7th/8th.

For me it's more hope than anything. If we get more signings in and hold on to a few I could agree with this. If not then realistically I'd go between 8th/9th/10th.

If McCann is getting to spend money where SHOULD we be finishing?

id take a season similar to what st johnstone have just had. no real risk of relegarion and a comfortable 8th. throw in a cup semi final and id be happy

This. 

The aim within the club will be top 6th but 8th and a cup run would be a successful season in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Elbak to the pars on TDBF. Can't see it if we have them in the LC unless it's a loan deal

Boy on Twitter also saying it. I hope we get him off our books. Great talent but tactically and physically clueless. 

I say this quite tentatively but I actually think Moussa will be better next year, full pre season and more up to the pace of the game.

Not to the extent that we can sit with what we have. I think it’s absolutely vital that we get another striker in.

I say this quite tentatively but I actually think Moussa will be better next year, full pre season and more up to the pace of the game.

Not to the extent that we can sit with what we have. I think it’s absolutely vital that we get another striker in.
now theres a statement that will split opinion. i think with a nippy partner up front, moussa couuld be an asset. someone who knows where the net is. finding that someone is the massive problem every club has.

His first few games were pretty horrific and he seemed to just throw people over and then act like a complete simpleton when cautioned for it. The way he played meant every 50/50, no referee would give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think he maybe got away with a lot more in other leagues and he's taken time to adapt himself. Having a big striker in the squad who defends from the front is certainly not a bad thing in addition to other options IMO.

Sent from my Bluboo Maya Max using Pie and Bovril mobile app

His first few games were pretty horrific and he seemed to just throw people over and then act like a complete simpleton when cautioned for it. The way he played meant every 50/50, no referee would give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think he maybe got away with a lot more in other leagues and he's taken time to adapt himself. Having a big striker in the squad who defends from the front is certainly not a bad thing in addition to other options IMO.

Sent from my Bluboo Maya Max using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I’m not so sure, it appears he’s been shite everywhere..... lol

I think there will be a signing today.

Although I thought that yesterday, and the day before, and .... etc.

Good to see guys turning down Sainties for the mighty Forest Green however.

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think that McCann and Nelms are still out of the country, so have no expectation of signings until the "Dundee World Cup" thing on twitter is over.

It's essentially been a filler until time comes for a new signing, IMO.

27 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

That's a real nail in the coffin.

Forest Green Rovers are the most tinpot outfit going. 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

A wee trip to Portugal

While in Portugal, Dundee will play a friendly against LigaPro side S.C. Farense on the 10th of July at Estádio Municipal de Albufeira, kick off 7.30pm #thedee

Europe at last! Just like the real thing

Sort of

A wee trip to Portugal

While in Portugal, Dundee will play a friendly against LigaPro side S.C. Farense on the 10th of July at Estádio Municipal de Albufeira, kick off 7.30pm #thedee

Open to the public as well.

£86 return Edinburgh - Faro out the Monday and back the Wednesday. Done this route for the Gibraltar v Scotland game a few years ago.

4 hours ago, ah-dee said:
4 hours ago, rodallegabombs said:

now theres a statement that will split opinion. i think with a nippy partner up front, moussa couuld be an asset. someone who knows where the net is. finding that someone is the massive problem every club has.

That's it. We might desperately need a striker but so does every club all around the world.

Haber and Moussa could probably make way for someone decent to assist Wighton. 

I obviously don't and no one could claim to know their wages but both of them put together is bound to be someone of decent of quality.

Cox v Gillie and Rab v Giorgi in the semis. Cox v Rab final imo. Quite fitting as I met Cox and Rab in the Mardi Gras after our Scottish Cup QF exit v Rangers in '98. I was gushing like the wee fan boy I was meeting a Dee legend, but Coxy deflected my attention to heap praise on Rab who was standing beside him.

20 years later and my hand still hurts from our league winning captain's vice-like handshake.

Nemsadze vs Bobby Cox in the WC final tomorrow. I'll be voting Nemsadze for the banter. 
Love an underdog. 

The Cox v Rab final wasn't to be. However, I once met Zura and Giorgi in Fat Sams back in the days when it had the one dancefloor- either after the '03 Scot Cup semi or the final itself. Shook both their hands- Zura lapped up my attention but Giorgi could take it or leave it- in a laid back, continental kind of way. The guy just oozed class, on and off the field.