All things Dundee FC

47 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I must be seeing things totally different from everyone else on here but I actually think Woods does a decent job in midfield.  He does the untidy, scruffy side of the game well - breaking up play, winning the second ball etc.  The problem we have is we don’t have a genuinely creative or box to box midfielder.  This is where the fault lies IMHO. 

It’s doing my head in watching him continually taking the set pieces. It’s not harsh to say he’s terrible at taking them and McIntyre has to stop it. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

It’s doing my head in watching him continually taking the set pieces. It’s not harsh to say he’s terrible at taking them and McIntyre has to stop it. 

It says a lot about McIntyre's managerial abilities that when asked why Martin Woods takes set-pieces, his response was, 'I just let the boys on the pitch decide who's taking it'.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It says a lot about McIntyre's managerial abilities that when asked why Martin Woods takes set-pieces, his response was, 'I just let the boys on the pitch decide who's taking it'.

Please tell me that’s a wind-up

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I wish it were. He said it in his post-match Dundee interview after Wright had scored against Livi.

Should have a group of 4 drilling them out every practice session. Set plays are vital. I've heard of penalties being sorted out by the players before but not everything.

Woods set piece domination is part of the reason why people notice how utterly shite he is. His success rate must be single digits.

McIntyre now has 3 wins, 7 draws and 13 defeats out of 23 games, improvement?

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Should have a group of 4 drilling them out every practice session. Set plays are vital. I've heard of penalties being sorted out by the players before but not everything.

Do we have 4 worthy takers? Woods would insist on being one and McIntyre believes he's god. Wright would be another. Dales perhaps? Miller? Neither particularly reknowned for their free-kicks.

2 minutes ago, srw said:

Woods set piece domination is part of the reason why people notice how utterly shite he is. His success rate must be single digits.

McCann's last 23 games:

7 wins, 2 draws and 14 defeats.

McIntyre has the worst win percentage in our history, standing at only 13.04%.

13 minutes ago, srw said:

Improved 4 positions in the team but nothing near good enough points and performance wise. We’re relying on 2 teams getting beat each week to keep us in touch. 

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Hows Nelson getting on with you guys?

Still gutted he didn't come back to us, but at least we don't have to play against him!

Been really good when he’s played but getting him on the park is proving difficult. 

34 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Heard that he's having issues with Arthritis of all things?

Nah he’s damaged his heal, think it said in the local papers that it’s bruising on the bone. Unless we’ve been lied too. 

Anyhow he wouldn’t have passed a medical 2 months ago if he has arthritis. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I figuratively slapped my forehead when he said that after the Livi game. Couldnae believe what I was hearing. McIntyre is not short on headscratching decisions and statements.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do we have 4 worthy takers? Woods would insist on being one and McIntyre believes he's god. Wright would be another. Dales perhaps? Miller? Neither particularly reknowned for their free-kicks.

We could pick names out of a hat randomly including both of our keepers and pull out better freekick takers than Woods, but he won`t be taken off the set pieces (best we can hope for is what we have now - Wright forcing himself into the mix through sheer quality that can`t be ignored). 

He also won`t be dropped under any circumstances, Woods and JM are as thick as thieves.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Totally agree with that.  Hately was better than Woods at set pieces!

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nelson himself said it was due to his over-zealous celebration against Livi.

Yes he did say that whilst being on crutches after the game saying he was fine and they were just a precaution, but whatever the case and obviously that`s better than the arthritis rumour, but that statement isn`t exactly filling me with confidence either. He jumped high when he scored and then landed on his feet - it`s not like the lad fell off the roof of a hoose!

I like the guy a lot, but him watching games while we continue to chuck in comedy goals at the other end has left me pretty fecking angry. Amazingly we`re allowing more per goals against since JM came in than we we were under McCann. For all the heat that JackHam, Kerr, C Miller, Boyle, and big Inniss took for their efforts we`re actually worse at conceding goals since they got changed out. 

Edited by CanadianDee