All things Dundee FC

Much has been made of Camerons contract situation in light of all the McCowan speculation, but I'd rather we went all out to tie up Mulligan on a long term deal if it was a choice between the two. Think he has more to his game and going by the rumours online LC isn't keen on re-signing anytime soon. Regardless of contract rumours both have their place in the team though, whether we're planning for Luke to leave or not. 

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Will put my neck on the block here...

McCowan will still be here after the window shuts.

I look forward to dusting down my guillotine.

Who am I kidding?

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Will put my neck on the block here...

McCowan will still be here after the window shuts.

No Chance, The club have been planning for his departure for the last few weeks, they just need things to fall in to place. He's 100% not signing a new deal,  and you've got his new shiny DAB of an agent to thank for that. The club are just waiting for the right deal to be agreed that suits both the club and Player and he will be come, don't be surprised if he's not in the matchday squad on Saturday, now bids are coming in and being made public knowledge. 

Aye, so we just won't play our captain and best player next week then 🙄 give me a break, if he's at the club, he plays

If McCowan goes, 10th is the goal. If he's going, this would be an awfully cruel thing to say in an article only published a few hours ago.

Screenshot_2024-08-06-00-20-21-983_com.brave.browser-edit.thumb.jpg.67f40b47e693f75592b666998961e6ce.jpg

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

25 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aye, so we just won't play our captain and best player next week then 🙄 give me a break, if he's at the club, he plays

If McCowan goes, 10th is the goal. If he's going, this would be an awfully cruel thing to say in an article only published a few hours ago.

Screenshot_2024-08-06-00-20-21-983_com.brave.browser-edit.thumb.jpg.67f40b47e693f75592b666998961e6ce.jpg

Let's be crystal clear on this statement, this was saud at the end of the season , since then he's changed his agent and also turned down two fantastic contract offers from the club, so I wouldn't be betting against anything. 

6 minutes ago, derrydode25 said:

Let's be crystal clear on this statement, this was saud at the end of the season , since then he's changed his agent and also turned down two fantastic contract offers from the club, so I wouldn't be betting against anything. 

That comment was made after yesterday's game.

1 hour ago, derrydode25 said:

He said that within the last 48 hours, genius.

archive link

Somehow I'd already put this boy on ignore years ago and he's only made like 20 posts :lol: Wonder what led me to do that!

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

So is he captain regardless of Shaughnessy being in the squad or when Shaughnessy comes back he’s gets arm band at which point it’s more likely he’ll leave as he’s not the” proper captain “ if you know what I mean 

Just now, D TOTAL said:

So is he captain regardless of Shaughnessy being in the squad or when Shaughnessy comes back he’s gets arm band at which point it’s more likely he’ll leave as he’s not the” proper captain “ if you know what I mean 

Shaughnessy is club captain, then McCowan who is current team captain on the pitch, then McGhee and Murray as the other main experienced heads, at least going by McCowan's interview in that article I just linked.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Shaughnessy is club captain, then McCowan who is current team captain on the pitch, then McGhee and Murray as the other main experienced heads, at least going by McCowan's interview in that article I just linked.

McGhee is definitely next in line as he got the armband once McCowan was subbed the other week.

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

This is how I interpret his statement: 

First paragraph is simply a statement of fact.

Second paragraph simply states there has been no offer, to date, that he and Dundee finds acceptable but if an offer acceptable to both parties does come in then he is going to leave. Every player is the world is in the same position as that so so it is a very generic answer.

This paragraph is again simply a statement of fact.

It’s a carefully constructed answer that leaves wriggle room both ways.  Dare I suggest his agent, very understandably, may have sat him down to coach him on his answer knowing the question would be raised.

29 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

This is how I interpret his statement: 

First paragraph is simply a statement of fact.

Second paragraph simply states there has been no offer, to date, that he and Dundee finds acceptable but if an offer acceptable to both parties does come in then he is going to leave. Every player is the world is in the same position as that so so it is a very generic answer.

This paragraph is again simply a statement of fact.

It’s a carefully constructed answer that leaves wriggle room both ways.  Dare I suggest his agent, very understandably, may have sat him down to coach him on his answer knowing the question would be raised.

100%.

9 hours ago, derrydode25 said:

No Chance, The club have been planning for his departure for the last few weeks, they just need things to fall in to place. He's 100% not signing a new deal,  and you've got his new shiny DAB of an agent to thank for that. The club are just waiting for the right deal to be agreed that suits both the club and Player and he will be come, don't be surprised if he's not in the matchday squad on Saturday, now bids are coming in and being made public knowledge. 

Those bids/discussions have been coming in all summer. It makes no difference. He'll be playing until(if) the transfer happens.

Edited by Pens_Dark

I'm taking his comment of, '...there's nothing been put on my plate that would see me leaving any time soon.' as a 'f**k off Hibs' tbh.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm taking his comment of, '...there's nothing been put on my plate that would see me leaving any time soon.' as a 'f**k off Hibs' tbh.

Maybe it's not got as far as a discussion with Hibs yet as a bid has been rejected by Dundee. I'd prefer to go along with your thinking though and I could see that being the case. He might see it as a sideways step or not a big enough one.

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

Maybe it's not got as far as a discussion with Hibs yet as a bid has been rejected by Dundee. I'd prefer to go along with your thinking though and I could see that being the case. He might see it as a sideways step or not a big enough one.

I go back to the Greg Stewart scenario when John Nelms rejected Birmingham's offer. He went to Hartley and basically said it was a life changing move and he was desperate to go so Hartley had to buckle and advised he'd have a word with Nelms since it was unsaid, but Stewart wouldn't play for us again and Nelms relented.

Player power here. If McCowan knew of a bid and was desperate to leave - it leaves the club in an utter shite position. I'm just glad we're not at that stage!

So I'm seeing it as 'f**k the Hibees'.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I go back to the Greg Stewart scenario when John Nelms rejected Birmingham's offer. He went to Hartley and basically said it was a life changing move and he was desperate to go so Hartley had to buckle and advised he'd have a word with Nelms since it was unsaid, but Stewart wouldn't play for us again and Nelms relented.

Player power here. If McCowan knew of a bid and was desperate to leave - it leaves the club in an utter shite position. I'm just glad we're not at that stage!

So I'm seeing it as 'f**k the Hibees'.

I mean, Hibs seems an odd choice anyway. They look in complete disarray and likely to finish low in the table. 

Could mean he's waiting on interest from a better team before he seriously thinks of leaving. 

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hibs would be extremely stupid not to have already sounded out him/his agent about the move before placing any bids. Given how we’ve been run recently I can’t say it would shock me if we haven’t done that.

There’s just no chance I see him coming to us for a number of reasons.

Edited by Zing.

7 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Hibs would be extremely stupid not to have already sounded out him/his agent about the move before placing any bids. Given how we’ve been run recently I can’t say it would shock me if we haven’t done that.

There’s just no chance I see him coming to us for a number of reasons.

McCowan's agent is apparently Jackie McNamara. And Jackie McNamara will certainly ensure that Jackie McNamara comes out of the whole thing with a decent wedge.