All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Remember all the "this three at the back thing is shite and we need to go to flat four" shouts in here late last season?

Funny how quickly the enthusiasm for that has wilted away since we're conceding 2+ per game playing with a four.

To be fair, I think it's the players and not the system that is the root of the problem, but I also think it needs borne in mind that we played a three the majority of last season and still couldn't defend leads and shipped a ton of goals while doing so.

Still think there is a whole lot depending on Clark Robertson, and later down the line big JS coming back, but by that point it will be January and the window will be open anyway. FB's need to start finding their feet quickly, because if not it's going to be a slog between now and New Year when we can feasibly find replacements.

Docherty will still play both formations. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't work because of players available and the opponent. At the moment a 5 at the back would work best.

The game will be won in the middle of the pitch again. Last season it was never a high scoring game but our midfield out played them each time. Reilly and Fraser got subbed early in the reserves game so It could be a sign they will play coming off the bench on Saturday. Depending on how the game is going I could see Reilly come on at ST or even at LWB to provide a more attacking threat but I think Docherty would take another 0-0. It would be good to see Main play as he causes problems and he won't get bullied by Rubezic.

Edited by Luke Newman