Scottish footballers support for a No vote.

Bill.

All this honking 'patriotism' drivel. As soon as I hear that "I'm as patriotic as the next Scot, but..." patter, my instant response is to think, "Well done, you're expecting a clap on the back for being born somewhere, and then my vote for telling me why it'll never amount to anything." If you need to bring patriotism into your argument as some sort of caveat, you can be pretty sure your argument is shite.

Scotland's only as good as its people - vote Yes to make the pish ones ones like John Brown sad.

I really do hate the No Thanks approach of "I'm a proud Scot, but..."

What usually follows is unmitigated pish.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alan Brazil is another one iv heard slagging the yes vote. All these folks seem to play on the fact they played for Scotland but in reality the future of the national team is at risk.

No it isn't. You sound as desperate as the scaremongering no campaign.

You sound as desperate as the scaremongering no campaign.

So you admit the No campaign is "desperate" and "scaremongering"? Good to hear.

As for this thread, why has "Bill" disappeared. He seemed so keen to start a thread, yet when one simple question is put to him he disappears. He's posting in other parts of this forum, why has he refused to come back into this one?

Yes. Their campaign has been shocking. I can make up my mind on an issue like this without having to rely on the quality of campaigning or the personalities involved.

Why would you make your mind up if you don't have a vote?

Why would you make your mind up if you don't have a vote?

Because I have an opinion on it. It effects me living 3 miles from the border and I can easily claim Scottish citizenship if it ever comes to that. I can have an opinion without a vote.

I have an opinion on this Miami-New England game I'm watching but I don't have a vote on it.

There is something which can be simply done which would actually have some effect on a few of these guys, and that is to remember this crass stunt the next time McLeod, McAvennie and Brown, for example, are appearing at a Sportsman's Dinner near you.

One time when a 'No' is justified.

All this honking 'patriotism' drivel. As soon as I hear that "I'm as patriotic as the next Scot, but..." patter, my instant response is to think, "Well done, you're expecting a clap on the back for being born somewhere, and then my vote for telling me why it'll never amount to anything." If you need to bring patriotism into your argument as some sort of caveat, you can be pretty sure your argument is shite.

Scotland's only as good as its people - vote Yes to make the pish ones like John Brown sad.

Possibly the best line on this entire sub-forum.

Scotland's only as good as its people - vote Yes to make the pish ones ones like John Brown sad.

Possibly the best line on this entire sub-forum.

Pish ones. Exactly.

Archived