Royal Baby 2

cults_sheep

Sorry, but this is just a completely ridiculous statement.

Regarding the Royals though, do you think that Scots would embrace them more in an iScotland with plans to keep the Queen as head of state? I wonder since I recently spoke to a Canadian girl who said that Canada went nuts over the last royal baby, much more than Scotland. Is this because Scots often have a link between anti-UK and anti-Royalist whereas Canada sees it as the one thing that keeps them part of the Commonwealth / a fundamental difference from the Americans South of their border?

The royals are just a rare curiosity over here. Like a magical chimpanzee wizard or something like that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, but this is just a completely ridiculous statement.

Regarding the Royals though, do you think that Scots would embrace them more in an iScotland with plans to keep the Queen as head of state? I wonder since I recently spoke to a Canadian girl who said that Canada went nuts over the last royal baby, much more than Scotland. Is this because Scots often have a link between anti-UK and anti-Royalist whereas Canada sees it as the one thing that keeps them part of the Commonwealth / a fundamental difference from the Americans South of their border?

I did wonder what the posiiton would be in an iScotland. Unlike the Commonwealth countries that use the Queen of Great Britain, or whatever, we are in fact breaking that political union, so would we then be using the Queen of the rUK, or would we ask her to accept the title of Queen of Scots, resurrected from pre-1603? And could she in fact turn that position down, in which case we could tap up one of the useless ones they don't need, like harry or something.

One way or the other I'd hope we'd move to a system with an elected hea dof state sooner, rather than later.

I did wonder what the posiiton would be in an iScotland. Unlike the Commonwealth countries that use the Queen of Great Britain, or whatever, we are in fact breaking that political union,

No we aren't.

No we aren't.

We are removing one of the two signatories to the creation of the state of Great Britain.

I'm just curious as to how the monarch would be styled up here: Queen of Britain or Queen of Scots?

Archived