General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I genuinely can't see anyone who could be swung actually being swung by some guy on an internet forum.

Exactly, thanks very much its about time someone said that. I get accused of harming the SNP's vote all the time, personally I don't think my posts on here are that influential.

Partly, and something I'm entitled to do. What do you mean by effective? It vents me pretty well

I'm not saying you're not entitled I just wondered why have the same arguments with them over again. Glad you feel vented. I just meant that I don't think you'll change anyone's view as you have acknowledged yourself.

Happy venting ????

I don't, no. The people I have a go at would never vote yes anyway, but their nonsensical views might pollute the minds of some that would so deserve to be slated. I think exposing their views for the utter shite they are is important and beneficial to the yes campaign long-term.

Well this is absolute tripe. True, I could never have voted Yes anyway, however had I lived in Scotland at the time I could have been easily persuaded to do so. I said as much at the time. Of the people in my office I was about the only one pushing the arguments FOR independence, but would have just fallen down on the No side. I've said I would vote SNP in Scotland also. The nationalist pish and abuse you spout would have nothing to do with my thinking though. You just make a load of assumptions about me, and because I refuse to engage in your trolling you assume things as fact.

As I've said on another thread, your attitude, if displayed away from your computer would probably put more people off independence than for it.

Well this is absolute tripe. True, I could never have voted Yes anyway, however had I lived in Scotland at the time I could have been easily persuaded to do so. I said as much at the time. Of the people in my office I was about the only one pushing the arguments FOR independence, but would have just fallen down on the No side. I've said I would vote SNP in Scotland also. The nationalist pish and abuse you spout would have nothing to do with my thinking though. You just make a load of assumptions about me, and because I refuse to engage in your trolling you assume things as fact.

As I've said on another thread, your attitude, if displayed away from your computer would probably put more people off independence than for it.

Yeah? I'm amazed by that, you would JUST have fallen on the no side eh, well knock me down with a feather. I'm truly sraggered, honestly, colour me astonished.

You're a troll mate, and a raging Britnat. Give it up eh.

Bit like all these Rangers fans that considered every angle, gave it a lot of thought, then very late in the day reluctantly decided no was the best option. While saluting the Union Jack to Land of Hope and Glory with tears streaming down their face.

Bit like all these Rangers fans that considered every angle, gave it a lot of thought, then very late in the day reluctantly decided no was the best option. While saluting the Union Jack to Land of Hope and Glory with tears streaming down their face.

:lol:

I actually know many of these types

I don't actually know any like that, but would kind of like to. We all know they exist though and in big numbers.

There were a few smart rangers fans in my work that I worked on from the very start who seemed open to the idea. I constantly talked about how the media was skewed and that things would never be as bad as they made out. I felt like I was getting through yet all of them ended up voting no and towards the end of the campaign started to like Facebook stats full of utter Britnat pish from rangers fan pages

There were a few smart rangers fans in my work that I worked on from the very start who seemed open to the idea. I constantly talked about how the media was skewed and that things would never be as bad as they made out. I felt like I was getting through yet all of them ended up voting no and towards the end of the campaign started to like Facebook stats full of utter Britnat pish from rangers fan pages

Its so ingrained with these people there's not really any getting through to them. Obviously I wasn't there but would imagine a lot of them had no intention of even considering voting yes and basically humoured you, no offence like. Probably just for the sake of workplace harmony.

These folk go to Ibrox and its all Union flags and Rule Britannia and GSTQ, they are taught from birth basically to be unionists and monarchists, its so deeply ingrained and is just nationalism/bigotry.

My own Dad was the same, refused to even discuss the referendum, out of the question he would ever consider voting yes. They are the most pig-headed, braindead, intransigent nationalists imaginable.

I suspect that there will be many voters who while keen on, or at least tolerant of, being governed from Westminster would rather their representation at Westminster didn't answer to London.

That preference doesn't require a strong separatist sentiment

The Bavarian equivalent to the Christian Democrats have always been separate from their Northern allies

The idea of the Scottish Tories seceding from the UK party has been seriously considered and may be again.

In London the Mayors have been members of mainstream parties but they, for good or for ill, have been very much their own men and operated with an autonomy that it's hard to imagine Jim Murphy ever mustering.

These folk go to Ibrox and its all Union flags and Rule Britannia and GSTQ, they are taught from birth basically to be unionists and monarchists, its so deeply ingrained and is just nationalism/bigotry.

My own Dad was the same, refused to even discuss the referendum, out of the question he would ever consider voting yes. They are the most pig-headed, braindead, intransigent nationalists imaginable.

Little bit sweeping! :) Thats a bit like saying all Independence supporters are raging Scottish Nationalists and always have been since birth (also not true!).

FWIW I was a season ticket holder at Ibrox from the age of 4 to 30 as my old man followed the (real) Rangers all his life. Younger brother the same. I only really kept going into my 20's because it was one of the few things I did with my Dad, I found the whole "experience" didn't reflect my thinking once I had grown up. When they died and we had to decide on the renewals it turned out he had been just as fed up with the "quintesentially British" pish (among other things) as me for the last 10 years and was only going for the same reason, it was one of the few things we did together. My brother had long since given up.

We now watch Junior football (the team me and my brother played in), the whole family are Yes voting independence supporters and my wife (and her father) have been active in the SNP for decades.

So, while I agree (from experience) that the vast majority of the Rangers support are a lost cause who have their values so ingrained its not worth the effort to try and talk sense to them, I can also tell you for damn sure that it's not all of them, there are some sensible ones. They may be in the minority (or have taken the opportunity to walk away when they died like I did), but in whatever small numbers we do exist! :)

I suspect that there will be many voters who while keen on, or at least tolerant of, being governed from Westminster would rather their representation at Westminster didn't answer to London.

That preference doesn't require a strong separatist sentiment

The Bavarian equivalent to the Christian Democrats have always been separate from their Northern allies

The idea of the Scottish Tories seceding from the UK party has been seriously considered and may be again.

In London the Mayors have been members of mainstream parties but they, for good or for ill, have been very much their own men and operated with an autonomy that it's hard to imagine Jim Murphy ever mustering.

I wouldnt mind Scottish Labour being something similar to the Northern Irish SDLP who sit with Labour in the parliament but are a completely separate party.

I think he has a point, here. Take a region of England of size 5m. Let's say Yorkshire, which has a population very similar to Scotland.

The majority of seats in Yorkshire in 2010 were Labour seats, they didn't get the government.

Are these 5m not getting the government they voted for any less ridiculous than the 5m in Scotland not getting the voted for? Well Yes if you believe Scotland should be treated as a separate entity, but then that boils it to identity politics and becomes a simple argument of "Scotland should be independent because Scotland is a nation"

This is a fair argument but I wish people would just admit it from day one.

The points pish unless the people of Yorkshire don't see themselves as English. Do they ?

Archived