General Election 2015

Ludo*1

It was £1000. Not "thousands". And during his time as First Minister.

Fair enough I'd say. Though amusingly the kind of fat cat extravagance the plaid-wearing clowns would denigrate in an Osborne or Cameron.

Quite. Absolute non story and I'd say the same if it was the PM.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite. Absolute non story and I'd say the same if it was the PM.

Yep.

Genuinely wonder if people expect Cameron or Salmond to have guests down to the Dog and Duck for the "2 for a £5" main course options.

Only thing amusing about this story is as I said - there are idiots who would condemn Cameron for lavish expense while defending Salmond for the same. They are politicians - any opportunity to get a good nosh at our expense will be jumped on.

Yep.

Genuinely wonder if people expect Cameron or Salmond to have guests down to the Dog and Duck for the "2 for a £5" main course options.

Only thing amusing about this story is as I said - there are idiots who would condemn Cameron for lavish expense while defending Salmond for the same. They are politicians - any opportunity to get a good nosh at our expense will be jumped on.

I'd expect any head of state to lavish some decent nosh on people at such events, I'd be disgusted if Salmond or Cameron entertained dignitaries of any level at a Brewer's Fayre on Scotland/UK's behalf.

The great-grandchild of our un-elected sovereign was baptised in water flown in especially from Jordan yesterday. As is the practiuce for all royal christenings. I think we can allow big eck to eat in places other than weatherspoons and greggs and tbf 100 quid a head aint that bad.

Absolutely. Champanays is very nice. £1000 doesn't seem unreasonable for a meal for 10.

I'd expect any head of state to lavish some decent nosh on people at such events

So would I. It's what they do.

Salmond isn't exactly a stranger to noshing it up on our charge card. He's a known trougher.

Don't think it's been mentioned yet but Salmond is a trougher. He's known for it as well.

Good point. Well made.

Known for it at the Ryder Cup too. He reserves his best troughing moments for the golf.

You can imagine how much "investigation" into Salmond's background by print media an no doubt the security services trying to find anything that would stick to discredit him.

The fact that they couldn't find anything shows how squeaky clean the man is, and his integrity cannot ne questioned.

You can imagine how much "investigation" into Salmond's background by print media an no doubt the security services trying to find anything that would stick to discredit him.

The fact that they couldn't find anything shows how squeaky clean the man is, and his integrity cannot ne questioned.

Eh, there's been plenty found about trougher Salmond by the print media.

"Security services" :lol:

Erm, the evidence has been pretty well documented recently :1eye

Also being the well known restaurant between Bo'ness and Linlithgow, having worked there and having a mate who's a chef there, folk often get to hear if famous or well known people have been in.

So you'll have no problem showing us where these "thousands" were spent by the "cronies", if it's that well documented.

Take your time.

Eh, there's been plenty found about trougher Salmond by the print media.

"Security services" :lol:

Your Blair's of this world will make Salmond look like a vestal virgin, the MSM will have buried plenty about the Blairs of this world but there will be absolutely zilcho buried about Salmond or Sturgeon, British democracy at it's finest.

I once got sent on a week long training course with a food allowance of £30.00 per meal. Including breakfast and lunch.

As you can imagine, I troughed like f**k.

Archived