Ardagh Cup Final

Dipple burn

I'm inclined to disagree re: Milliken. I was standing as close as i could be to it, he was looking for it as soon as he passed the defender. If he'd stayed up he'd have been clean through.

It was as big a stone waller as I've seen, the hand ball also as for me it was hand to ball. However, that said I have absolutely no complaints as the Glens played well and Talbot never turned up. Best team won by a mile!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was as big a stone waller as I've seen, the hand ball also as for me it was hand to ball. However, that said I have absolutely no complaints as the Glens played well and Talbot never turned up. Best team won by a mile!

You forgot the size of the crowd....

You forgot the size of the crowd....

Very good crowd size wise, but the atmosphere was subdued I thought, barring a dozen young Glens fans singing it was very quiet, quite strange!

I'm inclined to disagree re: Milliken. I was standing as close as i could be to it, he was looking for it as soon as he passed the defender. If he'd stayed up he'd have been clean through.

Got to agree. Very comfortable win and I was standing right behind goal and had great view of incident. Wasn't a pen for me. Ref got it correct....

It looked a stone waller from where I was standing but the ref seen it differently and he's the only one who mattered he didn't give it. All the arguing on here about it matters not a jot and is deflecting from the thrashing Talbot received from a much better team, Talbot have a lot more to worry about than a penalty decision that went against them.

I was down in Troon for the weekend and decided to take in a game.

Talbot were gash.

Glens were pretty good.

No penalty for the hand ball.

Absolute clear cut, stonewaller for the one on Milliken.

The boy Gornley is a moaning faced b*****d. From the first whistle all he did was moan.

Also, absolute sitter from the boy Connolly for Glens when he smashed it off the bar in the first half.

All in all I enjoyed it and thought Glens were well worth their win and to be honest I probably should have been more than 2-0.

As Dipple quite rightly said had we got the two penalties and scored from them it would have been a travesty of justice, we were quite simply outplayed because we had no real game plan and no plan "B"

Glens were a pleasure to watch today, their movement on and off the ball was excellent and at times they went through our defence like a knife through hot butter. What we really needed today was a holding midfielder (at least) who could put his foot on the ball and take the speed and sting out of the game. Instead we played the long ball down the channels time after time, and then promptly lost possession and it started all over again.

It's really difficult to put a finger on what's gone wrong, but there's tired legs and a distinct lack of confidence at the moment. With 18 league games to go it could be a major issue if not addressed quickly, but have seen Tucker get it right time after time before so am confident he'll do it again. Still the benchmark Junior club.

Success in the juniors comes at a price. Succesfull teams have virtually at 11 month season with pre season training included and players get stale. Also when you have a good team it is difficult to recruit better players who can break into a successful team. Talbot have managed this pretty well over the years but sometimes you have a poor(er) season that makes the changes you need to make easier. I know last year was the case that for us last season (though most teams would take winning a trophy as a good year)

Isabel reckons you've missed a nought off the end.

Thought myself it might have been three or four hundred more, bu it could be misleading because the crowd's right on top of you at Troon.

Archived