Forfar Athletic v. Stenhousemuir

Forfar put their perfect home record (4-0-0) up against Stenhousemuir’s not so perfect away record (0-0-3), in the last match of the first quarter.

With a settled side only change I would see would be Young returning to the first 11 if he’s fit, if not Dale to deputise again. With Templeman and Dunlop back to fitness it’s a stronger looking bench than recent weeks too. Loving the work of the wide men for us so far, especially Omar Kader who is having, I think, his best spell in a Loons shirt of his time with us.

Would be great to finish first round of fixtures top of the league but Stenny can be a tricky fixture but it's hard to get a handle on how they are playing from their last few results.

Unfortunately, I’ll miss it and am genuinely gutted as we are playing some good stuff at the moment and long may it continue.

Won't be making this match but I would imagine Forfar will win this with relative ease. There's been a marked improvement in Stenhousemuir over the last fortnight but even then, a team of the Loons' calibre should have too much, especially in the middle of the park. Unless Martin Grehan's playing, we have no focal point in attack, because Colin McMenamin is rubbish.

I'd be delighted with a point but I go into this contest with no expectation.

missing this one due to international duty. cheers mr sfa , absolutely useless.

hopefully we can keep up the good work and remain top of the league after the first round of fixtures

For once it's not the SFA to blame it's the SPFL. The international fixture dates are known well in advance and the SFA have no say in that. It's the SPFL that chose to schedule lower league games on the same day.

3 weeks not as bad then.

Its a shambles that this game is being played two hours before a Scotland home match and yet when they played on a Sunday last month we had the weekend off. Baffling

Station p then pub for the scotland game for me.

Someone who close to the club said on our forum that we contacted Forfar about a change of time/day but Forfar refused because their hospitality was fully booked and therefore rearranging the game would lose them hospitality money.

Someone who close to the club said on our forum that we contacted Forfar about a change of time/day but Forfar refused because their hospitality was fully booked and therefore rearranging the game would lose them hospitality money.

That sounds like it could be true and it's a shame for regular supporters of both clubs who may also be regulars at Scotland games.

I don't necessarily agree with it but I can see why the board wouldn't want to switch given how much has been invested into the hospitality suites and the money that we take it from it.

Guest The Phoenix

I've no problem if Forfar don't want to shift it. They've got a business to run.

Spot on Fudge.

If we'd sold out hospitality, we'd have done the same.

It's ludicrous that Club's are put in this position and something that is so easy to sort out with a bit of advance communication and co-operation between the SFA and SPFL.

Archived