Greg Gone at Stirling

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Stenny prior to that, he had a massive budget and looked to be winning the league at a cantor. However (similar to The Shire last season) blew it and only made the Play Offs by the skin of their teeth on the final day. When they won promotion he struggled to adapt to life in the 2nd Division, fell out with the fans and the board and was sacked.......same as at Berwick.

Not sure how much, if any, of this is factually correct. Can't define "massive", but bear in mind this is Stenhousemuir we're talking about. He wasn't sacked - he resigned. Don't recall him falling out with the fans - in actual fact, from memory, his relationship was fine. I certainly liked him, but like most managers at this level, there comes a point in time when they call it a day (or it is done for them). The current Stirling Assistant Manager being a case in point.

Im a shire fan, and I didn't fall out with John Coughlin. I didn't fully agree with his tactics, but I'm grateful for the total commitment he gave my club. Some shire fans never had any intention of giving him a chance - plain and simple.

Archived